Right hand semi off the left shoulder.

Big Dog

Guys I would like to get something a bit lighter to use in the fields. I have a 682 Beretta which I got for clay shooting but is a load to carry to a decoy site. I dont want to spend to much £££, probably 2nd hand.

I fancy a Beretta 391 camo semi. I have 2 queries:

1. I am right handed but shoot off the left shoulder. Over here to buy a left handed gun you usually have to buy new and alway have to pay more than a right handed gun. [/b]Question is it ok/safe to shoot a right hand semi off the left shoulder?:lol:? I did it years ago but age makes you think straighter.

2. If I buy one, should I get one that is set like the 682 shown the rib etc or would it be better to get one that is flatter. I have always use a flatter gun until the 682 but was out shooting over decoys yesterday and found it hard adjusting to shoot crows aiming way below them!!!. I missed a lot as I wanted to aim at them and shoot. I have just got used to the clay style, keeping the clay in view and dont want to screw myself up?:lol:?

3. Do you get 391s with adjustable cheek piece on the stocks, like my 682??

Would appreciate some feedback :lol:

they come with shims that fit between the palm grip and the action, so by turning them over you can cast it for a L hooker, and can put enough drop on it that it comes up flat for me, and i need alot of drop.

only thing to remember is that you might get unburnt powder flung in your eyes, and the movement of the cartridge bothers some, but then dosent bother others.

Im sure as there isnt a demand for lh semis they may be cheaper as well?

:lol: Bobt I think you will find that the law of supply and demand works opposite to that.

To change the production line over to build a few LH guns costs a lot of money and this will be reflected in a higher price.

Why are .410 cartridges considerably dearer than 12 bore ones when they use far less material in them?

Im sure as there isnt a demand for lh semis they may be cheaper as well?

:lol: Bobt I think you will find that the law of supply and demand works opposite to that.

To change the production line over to build a few LH guns costs a lot of money and this will be reflected in a higher price.

Why are .410 cartridges considerably dearer than 12 bore ones when they use far less material in them?

I meant secondhand prices sorry

Big Dog u can get the Fabarm Lion Seris semi auto in left hand for roughly about £650 new.There are 2 different dealerships in Enniskillen for them.

Enniskillen Who are the dealers???

Guys what is a Fabarm Lion Seris semi auto like: quality, balance, etc etc??

I use to have a Remi L/h. I never like the Remi, heavy, tinny and the balance was all over the place. My shooting went down the toilet while i had it.

Big Dog dealers are Maurice Allen Enniskillen 028677 38679 and Country Sports Enniskillen 028686 21788.Give them a ring and im sure they'll let u know prices and all about them.I go to Country Sports all the time and can say that u would be well looked after there.

I was told about them having the Fabarm's for around that price but u can ring and find out for yourself.

Good Luck

Enniskillen