Problem with Air Arms S410

Doc Holliday

As the title says, my AA S410 has developed a fault with rotating the mag to bring the next pellet up for loading. I still have a few months left on the warranty but it means if I send it off now I probably won't get it back until sometime in the new year.

As I cock the lever to charge the chamber and rotate the mag, the little arm on the mechanism does it thing (goes up and down) but it just don't do dixie with the mag in situ. I have a hankering that this may be an inherent or recurring problem with this type of gun but can anyone advise as to how this may be sorted without me having to send it off.

Thanks in advance.

Doc.

Many thanks guys, good advice as always. Have 2 mags, one came with the gun when I bought it and the other I bought new. It does the same thing with either mag so will opt for a new indexing spring.

Next question is does anyone have a manual as to where it goes and what needs to come off in order to get it on, and does the gun need to be emptied of the air charge to do it?

i had an s310 with the same problem, didn't need to strip it down at all cos it was visible when the mag was removed. just need a very tiny screw driver from what i remember. the spring is fixed to an arm which is lifted by a cam which in turn is connected to the bolt action.

shouldn't worry about emptying the air out either, i know you'll need to cock the action but you can use the safety catch on the trigger to stop accidental discharge :ninja:

Glad to hear your problems fixed.

Another minor problem that can be experienced with the indexing spring is that sometimes it does not correctly line up the pellet in the magazine with the hole in tha magazine face plate through which passes the bolt. This can be resolved by removing the magazine and drawing back the bolt to its full limit. At this point the indexing spring should be at right angles to the side plate in which it moves up and down. If it is not at right angles then with a pair of long nosed pliers GENTLY bend it until it is.

It is always prudent to keep a spare indexing spring in your kit

HTH

• 8 years later...
On 12/10/2009 at 15:43, Bobba said:

Glad to hear your problems fixed.

Another minor problem that can be experienced with the indexing spring is that sometimes it does not correctly line up the pellet in the magazine with the hole in tha magazine face plate through which passes the bolt. This can be resolved by removing the magazine and drawing back the bolt to its full limit. At this point the indexing spring should be at right angles to the side plate in which it moves up and down. If it is not at right angles then with a pair of long nosed pliers GENTLY bend it until it is.

It is always prudent to keep a spare indexing spring in your kit

HTH

old post but glad i found it,my S410 has been giving me a bit of grief while loading,turned out to be the indexing thingy being slightly out of line....my mate runs a gun shop so i'll be getting the spares too.