Stuck choke

Piebob

I've gone and done exactly what my gunsmith warned me about doing - got a choke well and truly stuck. I guess I've over tightened it. :*)

Anyway - anyone got a tried and tested method to get it out? Or is it back to the gunsmith with my tail between my legs?

Cheers,

Piebob

Thanks for the advice guys. I've always had a fixed choke but bought the multi around October time last year. Used it all through the winter without any problems but must've had an extra spoonful of porridge the last time I screwed it in. :lol:

Got some diesel in the garage so I'll give it a go.

Cheers,

Piebob

I use thinners to free off seized engines that have been buried in mud etc. Not sure if it will effect the colour on the barrells though!

Recently discovered a 1962 Land Rover 2 1/4 petrol lump that was in a ditch for years. The thinners took 3 days to work.

Heating the barrell is good too but could affect the colouring.

LB

Heating the barrell is good too but could affect the colouring.

WHOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :unsure: :blink: :lol::lol::lol:

Warming up and HEATING up are two entirely different METHODS

Too much Heat being applied to ANY metal whether it is load bearing or it as to handel HIGH levels of stress will WEAKEN it and you don't :lol: want to put that Plumbers butane burner or any EXCESSIVE Heat Source on your gun barrel :lol:

If that level of heat(HOT SPANNER IS THE TERM) is required to free the chokes then the affected area WILL require rehardening and this needs to be done by a proffessional.

If funds are a problem to have the chokes removed then I suggest GENTLE WARMING ONLY ,certainly no hotter than what the barrels get after having a few hundred shells down them

Glad to help on this type of subject Ivan