Hello and a quick question

joefolkes

Hello,

Been hanging around for a while now but rudely haven’t said hello as of yet, but read plenty of posts and taken allot of advice onboard.

Have shot for some time now, but back in Dec 08 got a FAC and SGC, with a Ruger 10/22 and a Rizzini O/U 12g with a recent upgrade to a Lanber O/U 12g.

In the Warwickshire area and just been shooting around a farm and luckily enough to have a couple of invites to driven game shoots, and also had ago at pigeon decoying, which brings me to my question.

Me and my brother bought a pigeon decoying day on eBay in Norfolk with decoys/hide setup and advice, games keeper was great and we both had a challenging/good day. I've been looking for other paid days like this but they seem to be in short supply, am I just looking in the wrong place or is this sort of thing uncommon? Ideally looking for somewhere in Warwickshire. I understand that most people find permission, get the kit and the shoot, but this way (for the time been) seems an easier option.

I find these forums invaluable, and thanks for any further advice on the above.

Joe

Hello,

Been hanging around for a while now but rudely haven't said hello as of yet, but read plenty of posts and taken allot of advice onboard.

Have shot for some time now, but back in Dec 08 got a FAC and SGC, with a Ruger 10/22 and a Rizzini O/U 12g with a recent upgrade to a Lanber O/U 12g.

In the Warwickshire area and just been shooting around a farm and luckily enough to have a couple of invites to driven game shoots, and also had ago at pigeon decoying, which brings me to my question.

Me and my brother bought a pigeon decoying day on eBay in Norfolk with decoys/hide setup and advice, games keeper was great and we both had a challenging/good day. I've been looking for other paid days like this but they seem to be in short supply, am I just looking in the wrong place or is this sort of thing uncommon? Ideally looking for somewhere in Warwickshire. I understand that most people find permission, get the kit and the shoot, but this way (for the time been) seems an easier option.

I find these forums invaluable, and thanks for any further advice on the above.

Joe

hi joe.i purchased a day in norfolk from fleabay,havnt been yet,was your day any good i am thinking bout going

jan or feb.cheers alan

Alan,

We were very pleased with the day, estate itself it about 3000 acres used for game shooting, there are lots and lots of pigeons there, just a case of getting them to come down to the coys.

Gamekeeper moved use both 3 times to get the best out of the day, and couldn't have done any more than he did, between us we were upto about 20, but i feel we were unlucky with the birds (and missed a few).

At least you can go knowing there are birds there, I certainly would go back more often if it were closer.

For me starting off with no equipment/experience, it was worth going just to see how he set it up the coys and his knowledge.

Enjoy - Joe