Hello Friends, Been Awhile!

20citori20

Hello friends from abroad.  Its been awhile!  I moved across the state (Ohio) and had a little problem finding the web page on my new Internet service.  Would like to hear about some of your pigeon hunts since the last time we spoke.  I have not hunted any pigeons since then but have scouted the new area for prospective sites.  This area doesn't hold the number of birds I became accustomed to in western Ohio, but there are opportunities.  So, any fantastic days afield since last July?

I did some reading to catch up a bit.  Noticed a little more info. on crow hunting.  I have a good number of crows in the area.  I have already been invited on a crow hunt as a matter of fact.  It was 10 degrees with 15-25 M.P.H. winds (you'll have to convert that yourselves).  Little uncomfortable for 10 to 15 shots.  They seem to wise up to the gun in short order too!  

I've got a lot of typing to do to become an "Ace."  I'm curious.  Once you achieve such rank, do you ever miss?     :*)

I think the "Ace" that William bestows upon us, has more to do with our "Chatting" ability, than our marksmanship. ;)

Did you shoot your crows from a hide, with decoys ?

Some of us treat crows as a "by-product" of pigeon shooting, but some of the other lads concentrate on them, at least for part of the year.

"Take your shooting where you can", is quite a good motto. :)

Hmmm?  My response from yesterday doesn't show up here. I probably put somewhere it didn't belong! Well, I'll try again.  I didn't hunt crows; I set up about a hundred yards from my buddy with goose decoys.  They were hunting over decoys and using farm machinery for a blind.  They also used an electronic caller.  They shot a few, missed a few more, but did better than me. I remember asking if you folks have had any experience with the West Nile Virus in your birds.  Primarily crows.