any mechanic's

bignoel

well leads cleaned and battery on it fired up tried it severial times seems ok but will try again tomorrow as it tends to be alright then boom no go so not sure yet but hopeing its ok now .thanks to everyone who surgested all the idea's so if it fails i got a few more leads to try .got a great bargain today at euro parts .diesel filter.air filter.oil filter .cambelt . 2 leads 2 window scrapers all for a grand £65. bargain :yes:

I reckon you'd have got a better bargain at milner off road and it would have been delivered :o

p.s any fourtrak owners need a spare spring for the rear of a TDX I've got a brand new one in the office after buying a pair years ago, anyone local can have it when they're passing

should be ok with a new battery but with experience with starters over 20 years old they are not worth reconditioning, get a new one, we have had a couple of starter reconditioned on tractors and they are just not the same as a brand new one, maybe other have had different experience,

also you could get a hand held volt meter (£10) for a cheepie one, take a reading from battery when terminals off - will show power in battery, put terminals off and leave car off, test again to see if the car is draining the barrery while not in use (ie if the reading drops) then take reading with the engine running, if it drops from about 13-14v to 12v then the alternator is not charging the battery