It took a while... but I managed it

Peter De La Mare

Too many forums are clickie if your face does not fit your banned if you show a opinon that does not suit some,be it a shooting forum or car or any other forum.

I only asked a simple question on this very forum about so and so is he still working for so and so and bosch the whole thread locked and wiped off.

I would not lose to much sleep .

Regards OTH

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course the CPSA has no appeal to the straw bale mob, these guys have no real interest in the sport, it's just an excuse for a bit of a laugh on a Sunday morning before they all sod off down the boozer, and as for insurance, whoa, they don't need that, that's way too expensive, after all, they've been shooting for 6 months already and not shot anybody yet, so why worry..? :yes:

Cat.

Well! Cat, my 'straw bale' shoot doesn't have a straw bale on site, we are affiliated to the CPSA, we have a Safety Officer (me) we have full insurance including employers liability, we have been on the same site since the early 60's, we have shooters who have been shooting for over fifty years. We've not had one accident in all that time. :hmm: We all enjoy a drink after shooting, that's tea and coffee in our humble club room. :hmm: We don't sod off down the boozer. :lol:

I also shoot at three other 'straw bale' shoots and none of your comments apply.

Happy shooting eh!

Rob

You do come out with some crip! :yes::lol: I wasn't even arguing a technical point!! It was just the fact that I use Steel (all 200 carts this year) for Skeet and that seemed to unleash the most incredible abuse from this guy. I don't doubt that he's very technically minded, but his interpersonal skills and debating skills are really appalling, he could probably be of use to fend off a Lead ban, but not how he conducts himself at the moment!! :hmm::hmm:

Yes, like a lot of the "Older Generation", he has very strong views on a number of subjects, and he is without doubt the "Mr Grumpy" of the forum, but woe betide anybody that waffles on about steel shot, that's like a red rag to a bull, and do you know what, I reckon he's right, steel shot is not the way forward for clay shooting.

Cat.

Too many forums are clickie if your face does not fit your banned if you show a opinon that does not suit some,be it a shooting forum or car or any other forum.

I only asked a simple question on this very forum about so and so is he still working for so and so and bosch the whole thread locked and wiped off.

I would not lose to much sleep .

Regards OTH

I've been there OTH. Ask a genuine question and you're instantly accused of 'trolling' or 'flaming' :hmm:

Like you mate I won't be loosing any sleep.

Rob

Well! Cat, my 'straw bale' shoot doesn't have a straw bale on site, we are affiliated to the CPSA, we have a Safety Officer (me) we have full insurance including employers liability, we have been on the same site since the early 60's, we have shooters who have been shooting for over fifty years. We've not had one accident in all that time. :hmm: We all enjoy a drink after shooting, that's tea and coffee in our humble club room. :hmm: We don't sod off down the boozer. :yes:

I also shoot at three other 'straw bale' shoots and none of your comments apply.

Happy shooting eh!

Rob

Well, good for you, if you're CPSA affiliated you obviously support the CPSA so I can't see what point you're trying to make..?? :lol:

Cat.

I've been there OTH. Ask a genuine question and you're instantly accused of 'trolling' or 'flaming' :hmm:

Rob

Absolutely 100% spot on.One big clique and outsiders should tow the line.I was told i should have said i was his brother before posting the stuff.I mean,***.hes over 40 and doesnt need pretend friends on a forum to stick up for him.*****,and as you say,no sleep lost.Most forums have them and they are not worth the time.Must say,PW does seem the better of them.

Rob

Rob I would say pw is one of the better forums I have joined as some of the more vocal members who slated me when I first joined on various topics have to say have wound there necks is a major over statement.

I always belive that forums are there so others who enjoy the things you enjoy to share views and facts in a adult and polite way.

Even if you dont always agree it is said fact of life to think some are bickering over petty things on forums.

I could have fallen out with a certain member on this forum but I like to think I can rise above it and just laugh at some of there posts as it shows there arogance for others.

Regards OTH

Edited by Over the hill

I cannot believe what I am reading. Don't you guys know that the Claysporting site is singlehandedly responsible for the invention of shotguns, cartridges (EDIT - forgot to say "but NOT steel ones"), the clay pigeon, automatic traps, the CPSA, penicillin, X-rays, the Large Hadron Collider and Coca Cola? Your lack of respect is shocking. I for one would not dare post on there until I had achieved AAA status in seven disciplines and had a tattoo of Bjorn Waktare fitted to my forehead.

Mister De La Mare and Mister Ratman, kneel before these gods and beg forgiveness, for they are greater beings than you. The CPSA is THEIRS not yours, just pay your subs and back away quietly like good chaps.

Edited by Diceman

Well I have just received 2 highly unpleasant PM's from the person all this is about. Perhaps the love affair he has with Dennis makes him happy because all I see from his comments is a lonely sad old man who hates the world.

Smoker,

While I understand your comments about the CPSA I cannot agree with them, the CPSA exists to supports its members in their activities, whatever they choose them to be. Whether that is the local haybale or the World Championships.

I am a member of the NSRA and also the NRA and both of those look after their members as equals and are always there to answer questions or queries and while I do not always agree with what they do, they do listen and give you the courtesy of a reply.

If getting to the top of your chosen sport makes you like the Magnificent 7 or Dennis then quite frankly I don't want to. And if knowing everything there is to know about the sport of shotgun shooting makes you like Isagair then quite bluntly I will stick with what I know.