It took a while... but I managed it

Peter De La Mare

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've just been on Claymoaning.com and here's a post from the one and only WEBBmaster, just shows he even has a low opinion of other sites including this one.

He does make me laugh, good old Dennis :hmm:

dennis

Post subject: Re: The Last Post

Posted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:40 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just went on Pigeonwatch for the first real read....I am glad to see Ratman has found a good home....i think he is better off in the second division...a bit too headstrong for this site....what we will do is re-direct newbies, straw bale shooters and general wallies over to pigeonwatch...perhaps we could even have a link....they could be re-directed when they logon...

Dennis

I just went on Pigeonwatch for the first real read....I am glad to see Ratman has found a good home....i think he is better off in the second division...a bit too headstrong for this site....what we will do is re-direct newbies, straw bale shooters and general wallies over to pigeonwatch...perhaps we could even have a link....they could be re-directed when they logon...

Dennis

So champions start at the top, do they? They don't work their way up from newbies learning as they go?

What a load of tosh!

Presumably one has to have a gold medal in clay shooting to be invited to join. That's where we've all been mistaken.

So champions start at the top, do they? They don't work their way up from newbies learning as they go?

What a load of tosh!

Presumably one has to have a gold medal in clay shooting to be invited to join. That's where we've all been mistaken.

It is certainly a rather unfortunate mentality :yes:

I could understand it if they wanted a AAA-only place to discuss their sport, because the sport must certainly look different from the top and newbies or less experienced shooters views are likely to differ from their own. They could easily have made it a requirement of membership that you need to give your CPSA number and therefore prove your AAA status and worthiness :hmm: but they chose instead to make it look like a site for anybody interested in sporting clays. The fact that the vast majority of sporting clay shooters are just not welcome on there is a bit of a problem, and slightly strange :hmm:

I have also been slightly mystified by the continued reference to how they continually change the sport for the better and how they have more work to do. I've yet to see what it is they've managed to change, though I could have missed it, I suppose. Pages of bitter whining and near-libellous rants are unlikely to change anything.

I can't help thinking that if they did successfully change membership to AAA only, there would eventually be 2 or 3 of them sat there, bitterly biting chunks out of the CPSA. The rate at which they fall out and upset everybody would ensure a pretty good attrition rate :lol:

One of the biggest problems with the site is it's completely un-moderated, people can, and do say exactly what they want to others, arguments get totally out of hand and nobody comes in to sort it out, Dennis claims he "doesn't have the time". I've been slaughtered on there dozens of times, for simple things like suggesting that the CPSA AGM is not worth going to because nothing ever gets decided there, but unlike others, I don't take it to heart, I pity those whose only way of responding is to swear and curse, they've lose the argument, I let others decide for themselves who's in the right.

I've known Dennis for many years, we've had our differences in the past, but at least he has tried to make changes at the CPSA to benefit the majority of members, but like so many others, he's failed, he admits that, and whilst the CPSA Management and Board continues to be dominated by Skeet and Tarp shooters, it'll always be that way. :hmm:

Cat.

Blimey, they are still tearing lumps out of eachother; same old same old.

A good post by Paulos, but on deaf ears.

I would still like to see Orac's database given a good working over; these AAA Uber gods - unless I am mistaken their CPSA membership costs as much as the next man's and they get the same 1 vote at the AGM, why they think they count more than the next man I don't know.

I can see the CPSA is run by a very narrow band of elitest clay shooters and that's why it's in the poop and why 80% of CPSA registered shooters only shoot 1 registered shoot a year and presumably don't renew their membership - the old get your shotgun, join the CPSA, shoot 1 competition and then realise that you should have saved your money and stuck with the stray bale circuit because the CPSA offers nothing to any clay shooter who is not AAA classified or just all about chasing registered comps across the land.

EDIT:

The claysporting site stats would be interesting just to see if it is as influencial as the members think they are

Edited by Mungler

I can see the CPSA is run by a very narrow band of elitest clay shooters

Well, you couldn't be more wrong, as the CPSA is run and managed by a bunch of failed Skeet and Tarp shooters, plus the odd Ground owner, all of whom have achieved diddly squat in the competition circuit, perhaps that's part of the problem..??

If you'd have stayed a member for longer than a year, perhaps you would have realised that yourself..??

Cat.

I read the site from time to time and fail to see any value in it other than giving the sport, or those that take part, a terrible image. If I'd looked at it before picking up a shogun I doubt I would ever have bothered :good:

One example was the totally unnecessary, very personal rantings towards Richard and Tanya Faulds. It seems some don't even have anything nice to say about those at the very top of the sport who at least give it good publicity and credibility.

Shame really :lol:

Pete - I wouldn't bother mate, their loss :yes:

I read the site from time to time and fail to see any value in it other than giving the sport, or those that take part, a terrible image. If I'd looked at it before picking up a shogun I doubt I would ever have bothered :good:

One example was the totally unnecessary, very personal rantings towards Richard and Tanya Faulds. It seems some don't even have anything nice to say about those at the very top of the sport who at least give it good publicity and credibility.

Shame really :lol:

Pete - I wouldn't bother mate, their loss :yes:

And if Matt had looked into the site before he bought his he might have got one with an air conditioning switch that was actually connected to something.

I’ve been a life long shooter, right from the age of eight, starting with an airgun and progressing to a shotgun and my dear old Dad bought me a smashing SbS for my twelfth birthday, that’s 42 long years ago.

I’ve only been clayshooting for the last three years or so, I went along with a member of the club that I’m now chairman of for a go!! I really enjoyed the shooting and the camaraderie, but I still only shoot clays for fun, I’m a CPSA Clubman member and a Safety Officer.

I stumbled upon Claymoaning.com and signed up, hoping for some banter from fellow clay shooters, what a surprise I got. I was instantly accused of being a troll and a flamer, the forum Gestapo continued their onslaught on me, so I thought ****** you lot you’re gonna get some back. And that’s why I’m banned now.

I really am who I say I am, I tried to prove that to them but to no avail.

Rob

I hadn't come across that site until this thread.

Having had a look around it and some of the posts i'm sooo glad I found PW not CS as I would probably given up starting shooting.

Don't get me wrong, i have asked the dumb newbie questions on here but have received excellent advice in a friendly way :yes: I may not be able to answer many questions but try to help out new guys in the same way as i was helped.

PDLM and many others here with lot's more experience have helped me no end, PDLM in particular as he helped me with advice on my mount and spotted that my comb may be low etc when we met up in the summer with Markio. I made a few changes and now hit a hell of a lot more than i did then.

I wasn't lucky enough to be introduced to shooting by my dad etc. I had done a couple of corporate days and then looked into it further, Dan73 gave me the final push to apply for my SGC and took me out a couple of times which spurred me on. I now have a 6 month old SGC and 3 guns :good: Equally Mr Logic has given me the opportunity to shoot rifles both at target and in the field... FAC on the cards next year.

Anyway, back on topic if Claybitching and the people that run it claim they are doing the best to promote clay shooting then i disagree; they are doing the opposite.

Pete, their loss mate! look forward to shooting with you again sometime :lol:

Jon.