It took a while... but I managed it

Peter De La Mare

Well hello folks

Nice to see you all here, Very impressed by both the site and the helpfull attitude of the members

I was ChrisA on the other side, but got banned by Dennis for something, but never told what, sounds like I was not alone

Myself a newby 8 months, non compeditive skeet and sporting, happy to get as much info as possible on shooting , but cannot stand bigots, self opininated or liar's (connot understand why I got banned can you)

I shoot at a great local skeet / sporting site just outside Great Yarmouth on Tuesday nights and Sat afternoon evenings with a great crowd

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quite honestly I don't know how I missed finding this site before, it is exactly what I had hoped the other was, but found out it was just for bullies and people with giant ego's

I have just read a post on here from a newby like me, who would have got flamed by that Irish *** from Germany, this post received loads of help and suggestions on this forum

The other month we had a highly rated shooter come to our local shoot and shot a straight 100 on skeet, No badges, No boasting, was happy to shoot with me a learner, offered some advice , no great ego, just a great guy with lots of skill, guess there are quite a lot like him on here by the quick look i have made of the posts

Hey Chris, welcome to the friendly helpful forum! :rolleyes:

So far it looks like you, Ratman and I that were banned. :lol:

No, I was banned last week as well.

You can get banned by upsetting the "Flood Control" mechanism, if you click it twice in quick succession, it automatically bans you. :rolleyes:

Cat.

Hey Chris, welcome to the friendly helpful forum! :rolleyes:

So far it looks like you, Ratman and I that were banned. :lol:

Are we the elitist three, The Three Bannee's :rolleyes: :(

I recon most problems on forums is due to the written word lacking emotion, people take things the wrong way and fly off the handle. The other problem with one or two forums is the lack of a two sided debate, it becomes a 'this is how it is cos I say so' and if you beg to differ from the concensus of opinion you get flamed out.

My tiffs on the other side always ended with the 'elder' few hurling abuse, despite my trying to respond politely. I admit on one or two posts I got a bit angry with old grumpy, but there just was no give on his part. :good:

Rob

Surfed through that site a few times over the years and got the same impression. Favoured PW to sign up to, more really I suppose because it covers lots more than clays.

Believe me I'm glad I did too and have consequently had many real belly laughs, learnt some, met some cool people and had some classic wind ups.

PW for ever I say...

No, I was banned last week as well.

You can get banned by upsetting the "Flood Control" mechanism, if you click it twice in quick succession, it automatically bans you. :rolleyes:

That wasn't a "ban" :lol: Just a automatic time out, rather than concious decision from the admin to ban. You wannabee bannee ! :good::rolleyes:

That wasn't a "ban" :lol: Just a automatic time out, rather than concious decision from the admin to ban. You wannabee bannee ! :good::rolleyes:

No, it was not an automatic time out...........I WAS BANNED, it said on the screen "YOU ARE BANNED FROM THIS SITE - BAD IP ADDRESS"

Still, I'm back on now, so all's well that ends well :rolleyes:

Cat.

Ya, but not because Dennis got bored and banned you specifically.... flood protection ban is banning for beginners, a ban for girls if you like. A gayish ban. :good:

Dennis wasn't even aware you'd blocked yourself for a while. :lol: :( :rolleyes:

Yes, but me & Den go back a long way, despite him being from Essex and therefore being thoroughly untrustworthy, there used to be some mutual respect, not so sure now. :rolleyes:

Cat.

Well hello folks

Nice to see you all here, Very impressed by both the site and the helpfull attitude of the members

Hi Chris and welcome to PW :look:

Just as a matter of interest, where exactly do you stand on the LEAD v STEEL debate? :hmm::lol::P

What a question for a new comer to answer

Quite honestly I dont have a answer to it, my ground sells steel for a reasonable price so I tend to use them, I did by some lead to try out, about 1000 but did not notice any difference I still shot as bad as ever

I never quarelled with a certain persons view on the question, but just asked for proof regarding the damage and killing range to which he took offence

I would like to point out the gentleman in question stated that his group of shooter had to use steel in their semi auto's and had to get new guns every year as the steel ******** them up ( I dared to ask what make of gun was used, as all shooters should be aware of this poor quality)

I would like to always have the option of both types of shot, but fear the anti lobby's constant harping on may well make the UK follow other nations

Hope that explaines the situation as I see it, I am just a silly old *** who has taken up shooting but likes to work with facts not hearsay

Edited by ChrisAsh

What a question for a new comer to answer

Quite honestly I dont have a answer to it, my ground sells steel for a reasonable price so I tend to use them, I did by some lead to try out, about 1000 but did not notice any difference I still shot as bad as ever

I never quarelled with a certain persons view on the question, but just asked for proof regarding the damage and killing range to which he took offence

I would like to point out the gentleman in question stated that his group of shooter had to use steel in their semi auto's and had to get new guns every year as the steel ******** them up ( I dared to ask what make of gun was used, as all shooters should be aware of this poor quality)

I would like to always have the option of both types of shot, but fear the anti lobby's constant harping on may well make the UK follow other nations

Hope that explaines the situation as I see it, I am just a silly old *** who has taken up shooting but likes to work with facts not hearsay

Excellent answer Chris :hmm::lol::P

But how do you feel about the CPSA? :yes:

Top heavy with a bunch of incompetent skeet and tarp shooters, or a pleasant bunch of chaps with the interests of ALL clay shooters at heart?

Who would you like to see voted in at the next AGM? Shooting 'leg-end' Bjorn Wanktare or shooting bell-end The 'outlaw' Jose Wells? :yes:

These are important issues which need answering if you ever want to progress in the sport :look:

Apparently!! :P

:look: I just had a shufty over there, what a bunch of immature bitchin *************? A bunch of argueing ***** that argue for the sake of it, the guy that banned pdlm can barely string a coherently english sentence together.....nice to see Ron over there though!!

My view on steel changed after i won a ton of them at Hawley, and ME and Mung chucked a slab each at me as they didnt want to put it through thier blasers.

At first I shot really well with it at Hawley, the first time i used it shot a 67 ex 70. But we stopped shooting there due to inhouse cliqueness, and found my scores at Copfurn went way down and at JJ's. Just thought I was off form. Then went to a days shooting at a place I think in Colchester, Poontang, you were there, there werte a few rangey birds in a wierd little compact set up that i threw cart after cart at and couldnt hit...out of curiousity I blagged some lead off Mungler and started smashing them, Mujng eing the pyscologist that he is told me it was all in my head, but that was it for me, i used them up on close stuff and will never use them again, total confidence thing and since Ive gone back to lead have been shooting fairly consistent 80% + . The early success at Hawley was purely down to the closeness of the targets in my opinion, as theres nothing rangey there at all. :hmm:

You're right Baz, 'tis a horrendous advert for the sport. Any newcomer to the sport stumbling across that would surely be put off straight away. I have a look occasionally and it never ceases to amaze me what a bunch of numpties are on there! Agree with you about the site owner Dennis, what an absolute no88er!! He has/had some top class shots on there, the likes of Richard Faulds and Ben Husthwaite but the way he treated Faulds wasn't funny and BH hardly posts at all now. Shame they don't come over on here, i'm sure they'd be treated with the respect they deserve, a bit of banter maybe, but nothing like what goes on over there.

As for steel, well personally i reckon it's ok for skeet, but that's about it. In fact i've had more straights at skeet with steel than with lead. However i used 3" Gamebore Mammoths for wildfowling and had too many cripples for my liking, switched to ITM and every bird since has been dead in the air :look:

I remember the shoot you're talking about, Radcliffes, off the Mersea Road just outside Colchester? One of MC's regular haunts i believe.

Tis true, I've never had a lot of time for that site.

I'm a bit wary though, because strangely, the few people that I've ended up bumping into off there have all been top blokes :hmm:

I just keep away now and put it down to the product of unmoderated internet forums. People who bitch about the moderating on here ought to take a look at that site. That's what you get if you take away the mods :look:

As for steel, I think it's brilliant for close clays (skeet or sporting). Over short distances it's fast and seems to pattern well, but that all goes to pieces further out. I have no confidence at all using it on either mid or long-range stuff.

Hi Chris and welcome to PW :look:

Just as a matter of interest, where exactly do you stand on the LEAD v STEEL debate? :yes::yes::P

I rather think that poontang is asking a 'tongue in cheek’ question here and it’s not aimed at ChrisA, or anyone else to be honest. :P

The steel v lead thing is a bone of contention over there and that’s why I got banned, one or two over there are rather bullish when it comes to steel v lead, the constant reference to ‘lead is 50% heavier than steel’ and ‘steel is **** e’ are pet phrases of Iasgair, the God of lead.

I dared to be different and try steel, what a bad boy I am. :hmm::lol:

Rob

I posted on there once :lol: Never again :look: Like Chard says there are some good lads on there (x Pigeonwatchers I think).

As for it being unmoderated :yes: I think the members moderated it more then anything, I posted on a thread Magman had started about colts and junior shooters, well it went off track slightly with a few members saying hello with us being new boys, and abit of banter and the like.

Well some bloke jumps in and starts going on about "what the **** has this got to do with colts and juniors" :yes: I mean I wouldnt mind but it was'nt even his thread, and he had had no input into it before hand anyway.

He had seen it and didnt like it so thought he would come and break it all up (What a bellend) :P

I hope he isnt a member on here :P:hmm: