It took a while... but I managed it

Peter De La Mare

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent answer Chris :lol::lol::lol:

But how do you feel about the CPSA? :lol:

Top heavy with a bunch of incompetent skeet and tarp shooters, or a pleasant bunch of chaps with the interests of ALL clay shooters at heart?

Who would you like to see voted in at the next AGM? Shooting 'leg-end' Bjorn Wanktare or shooting bell-end The 'outlaw' Jose Wells? :lol:

These are important issues which need answering if you ever want to progress in the sport :good:

Apparently!! :P

No comment as I am not a member of the CPSA, I did ask the other side to suggest why I should join ,as I am not interested in competition shooting, but nobody came up with a good reason to join, but considering joining the BASC for no other reason than it has a very helpfull home page

Indeed if you're not intending to shoot competition clays there's no point joining the CPSA. On the other hand you will need some form of insurance and yes you will get that from the BASC, but if you don't intend shooting live quarry you may be as well to speak to Clayman on here who does a cheap insurance cover for shooters. However it won't give you the other benefits of the BASC. :good:

ChrisAsh wrote;

No comment as I am not a member of the CPSA, I did ask the other side to suggest why I should join ,as I am not interested in competition shooting, but nobody came up with a good reason to join, but considering joining the BASC for no other reason than it has a very helpfull home page.

I have mixed feelings about CPSA membership now, I rejoined last year as a Clubman Member. I was nominated (no one else wanted to do it) to take the Safety Officers course, our humble little club is affiliated to the CPSA and it’s a requirement.

I was quite pleased with the course and felt quite proud to be a Safety Officer, I really felt that membership was worthwhile, that’s up to a couple of weeks ago.

After reading some of the comments over there I now feel that unless you’re at the top rubbing shoulders with the big wigs, you’re looked upon as a no hoper, a low life and not wanted in the CPSA even though most of the membership is at Clubman level. And no!! I'm not feeling sorry for myself, no sour grapes, just disapointed that Clubman members are thought so lowly of.

So it’s with regret ChrisA that I now say unless you want to shoot clays at the top, there’s not much point in joining, and that’s contrary to what I said before.

I’m also a member of BASC as most of my shooting is done in the field. :good:

Rob

Rob,

When you have your safety officers hat on are you allowed to shoot or just oversee?

Also what happens if you have a day off and there is no S.O. present? can the shoot still carry on?

I am asking as I used to be an RCO at a pistol and rifle club a few years ago and you could not do both, so all the committee took the RCO course to spread the load, relatively speaking.

The CPSA relies on the non registered shooters to donate money through subs, so that the minority of shooters can shoot registered shoots and have their various classifications.

I joined the CPSA in the mid 80's and paid my subs until two years ago and I thought why should I bother as I have insurance through my household policy and only one insurer will pay out anyway, plus I am not bothered about registered shoots.

M.

When i used to shoot registered i was a full member of the cpsa...

when i stopped shooting registered i wanted to swap to a clubman membership (for the ins. at the time)

they told me i couldnt, and had to leave and rejoin a year later, i said to them "you are prepared to let a member walk away for a year rather than let me switch"

They replied "yes"....

they went so far down in my estimations from that day forth.

I joined the NGO for ins.

shaun

Anni

How do you base your selection for what gun to use for what day or purpose?

Just wish I had one of the 682

I use the 682 gold e for most of my clay shooting. I sometimes take the Teknys auto if the feeling takes me :good:

The feeling normally consists of opening the cabinet and reaching for the 682, but I see the auto which i payed alot of money for sitting there having not been fired for two months :lol:

Then I can stand there for about twenty mins scratching my chin and trying to work out which to take. I know I should take the 682 but i feel bad for leaving the auto there :P Sensible head says grab 682 Guilty head says take the auto.

The beretta a303 hasnt been used for a good year now :lol: The other 682 gold is really my dads but I paid half for it so I make out its mine :lol:

I took the Auto with me when I shot Shugborough last time because I had under performed with the 682, I only got a 65 with it

So I tried again with the auto and got another 65 :oops:

I have been told not to use more than one gun for clays by Shooters with alot more experience than me but do I listen :lol::lol:

The auto goes well with a nice off the shoulder number I sometimes wear aswell :yes:

Edited by Anni

Rob,

When you have your safety officers hat on are you allowed to shoot or just oversee?

Also what happens if you have a day off and there is no S.O. present? can the shoot still carry on?

I am asking as I used to be an RCO at a pistol and rifle club a few years ago and you could not do both, so all the committee took the RCO course to spread the load, relatively speaking.

The CPSA relies on the non registered shooters to donate money through subs, so that the minority of shooters can shoot registered shoots and have their various classifications.

I joined the CPSA in the mid 80's and paid my subs until two years ago and I thought why should I bother as I have insurance through my household policy and only one insurer will pay out anyway, plus I am not bothered about registered shoots.

M.

Well! dang me F3, I thought you was one of them top shooting lads, how wrong was I :good::lol: :lol:

To be honest I recon the title Safety Officer is a bit grandiose, it's more of an educational post, if you see a shooter carrying an unbroken gun, advise what's been done wrong, making sure all the safety signs are visible, making sure the clays are presented in a safe way, making sure the ground layout is safe etc.

An affiliated club is allowed to shoot without an SO present.

As I’m Chairman of the club too, if I get time from filling traps, taking money, filling out scoring cards, sorting problems, scoring, sorting arguments etc, I do shoot.

Rob

Rob,

Learn to delegate :good::lol:

I do know how to mate but I only have one or two active committee members, the rest just turn up when all the works been done, offer their excuses, shoot and go home. That's life eh!!

I could get stroppy but I just don't want to let all the members down.

Rob

R2

I had to do this being as you mentioned it - 100% increase on my posts. -- if I hit back button more than twice will I get flooded out on here.

I don't want to be flamed on what I am about to say --BUT

Merry Xmas everyone

Dave

No mate, you'll not get timed out for hitting the back button twice :good:

And a Merry Christmas to you too!

Rob