'Been anywhere nice on holiday?'

Dunkield

Having been very aprehensive about a holiday in England (especially on the Norfolk Broads) I was pleasantly surprised by what a nice part of the country it is, when we got away from the madding crowds.

Loads of wildlife, we saw a few Kingfishers, 2 Barn Owls, 3 Chinese Water Deer and an unidentified hawk, not a buzzard so most likely a Marsh Harrier(?) I only had my **** bino's with me as I wasn't expecting to see so much wildlife.

Obviously couldn't take the shooters along with us but caught plenty of fish and a couple of eels :<

Anyone else had a good holiday?

Personally I would never go on holiday in the UK for what I say to be a family holiday. Rip off Britain with the greedy hoteliers charging extortionate rates

This year I went to Bulgaria for 2 weeks. I was the first time I have been there, myself and the rest of the family enjoyed ourselves

Next year is a little bit different as we all know it’s the FIFA Word Cup in Germany so it is my duty as an English man to attend the some of England’s football matches in the first round 9th June to 23rd June

Not knowing who is in what group we will be based at Gelsenkirchen home of FC Schalke 04 and travelling from there

Any Taffs getting ideas they are going to turn us over on Saturday ! Dream on. They’re got more chance Miss Church staying in on a Saturday night

Jonno

six weeks today i will be in puerto banus in spain,will be having a day at the marbella gun club,as advertised in sporting gun.then i have to suffer ten days back at work before flying to tobago.bought my travel rod and intend to spend most of the hol fishing,my daughters need to be shown how good sport is over games consoles.will post pics when i return ( in the event of no catches over 14oz i shall reserve the right to buy from a local fisherman and pose cheesily ).that said,its all inclusive=free beer=one cast and sleep=sunburn. :*)

Went to sunny Dorset this year, did a bit of stalking....just not a whole lot of shooting :D , watched billions of pigeons take the ****...then found out there was a PW member with in bike riding distance of where i was staying :lol:

In just over a month im off to Italy to walk up some volcanoes.....so that should be a laugh, although i think hunting pigs with knives sounds like more fun :lol:

Have a good one LB :P

Spent 5 days in Verbier in Switzerland - which was amazingly beautiful. In October, Marco and I are off to Italy to shoot boar in the mountains. Can't wait. I think boar with knives might be too much for me... have you seen a boar?!! They're kinda big, tusky and can weigh up to 400 lbs. I'll take a shotgun/rifle over a knife any day :P

Stuartp

Re the sailing in greece, was my 3rd time out there and only sailing in shorts & tee shirt cos its too hot to take it off :P:lol:

Have done some sailing in the UK and have a weekend booked in the solent on 30 sep weekend. Can gaurentee it will be fowlies for that weekend & will be better shooting than sailing, but if I went shooting for the pheasants it would be perfect sailing weather :lol::D

Trev

Stuartp

Re the sailing in greece, was my 3rd time out there and only sailing in shorts & tee shirt cos its too hot to take it off :lol::lol:

Have done some sailing in the UK and have a weekend booked in the solent on 30 sep weekend. Can gaurentee it will be fowlies for that weekend & will be better shooting than sailing, but if I went shooting for the pheasants it would be perfect sailing weather :lol::D

Trev

not by chance with sun sail was it?

spent 2 weeks 1 yr ago in greece sailing as well, very enjoyable 2 weeks, hopefully 2 weeks in greece sailing next yr :huh:

Spent 5 days in Verbier in Switzerland - which was amazingly beautiful. In October, Marco and I are off to Italy to shoot boar in the mountains. Can't wait. I think boar with knives might be too much for me... have you seen a boar?!! They're kinda big, tusky and can weigh up to 400 lbs. I'll take a shotgun/rifle over a knife any day :lol:

400lbs + mate :huh:

Think I will take my caty with me customs permitting :lol::lol::D

LB