national pigeon & pest control

ROB REYNOLDS UK

Rob

I have just joined this year met one or two good guys from this forum and have shot with them. I think it is bloody good value for money i dont think it is over shot there is quite a lot of land, im based in the north east had quite a few good days on the rape stubble.

All you have to do when you are a member and want to shoot a particular field is to phone up on a evening between 7 & 10 pm tell them the fields you want to shoot and it is reserved for you.

You can them go along knowing there will not be other members shooting that field. :P:lol::lol::D

PS It also gives you a chance to rest your own shoots and it is nice to go on a different piece of land.

Edited by hawkeye

Rob..... the membersghip is worth every penny, the field lists are quite extensive, and cover many areas in the UK. The chairman, John Shooter is a well respected pigeon man, and is a great fella, always able to offer advice etc.

It all depends really on how you value your shooting. For those with limited permissions its excelent value, when you consider that some giudes charge inxs of £70.00 for a day's pigeon shooting.

Hi Rob(and others who have made recent enquiries about NPPC).I have been a member for some time now(I am the happy chap posing proudly on the NPPC site after a good days shooting).I think membership is worth every penny and to take it further I think its a bargain.I find John, who runs NPPC,a very nice and honest man and if you can spend some time looking about there is often a good bag waiting for you.Personally I have had some exceptional bags on NPPC land over the years and fully recommend it.

OK :(

Just as i am a complete novice when it comes to pigeon shooting ,i am however quite keen to move into this area having had two sessions with a friend .

I've had a shotgun for 10yrs ,shooting mainly clays so how do i go about enroling to NPPC and how will i know what fields are available in my area B)(Can i find out what fields are available WITHOUT having to enrol first) :thumbs:

Are they shown on a map or by allotment numbers.??

Do you get to know the landowners telephone numbers??

How will you know what fields you can shoot?:thumbs:???

Apologies for loads of questions as i'm just scratching the surface here. :*)

Help much appreciated Thanks :thumbs:

Ive :blink:

Hi Ive!The best thing you could do is to call John at 08707572246(or click at the top of the page www.shootppigeons.co.uk).If you are a member you get a list (extensive...) of fields with reference no and as far as i am concerned you can easily find the fields on local maps.The way you book your shooting is that you give john a ring and book a particular field.When you have the list you can obviously go round and have a look to find out where the pigeons are.You rarely have anything to do with landlords.A tip is to let John know days that you are available (especially weekdays).Often farmers will call John to send a member ASAP if pigeons are hitting their crops.I find the system excellent and I have never experienced any problem in booking a field.

PS:If you let us know the area where you live I am sure some members will know what is available in your area.

PS:If you let us know the area where you live I am sure some members will know what is available in your area.

Good idea Doc

The closest town to me is Burton on trent, with borders Derbys and Leics Nearby. I confess i am not fortunate enough to own a 4 by 4 ( i'm working on it) but a vectra .Could this pose a problem where access is concerned .What i mean to say is to the experienced pigeon shooters are most fields within sensible walking distance(in % terms ) and not a 2 mile trek down some dirt track lets say.

I also understand that within the next few weeks this is not the best time of year for shooting pigeons,,am i mis-lead?

Thanks in advance for any replys

Cheers Ive

Hi Ive!There should be quite a few fields in your area and there are fields as south as Birmingham.If you are prepared to travel north a bit you should be spoiled for choice.As far as I know many members havent got a 4 by 4 and its definitely not a problem for the vast majority of the fields.There is actually a member who shouldn't be living far from you and goes shooting in his toyota carina(if I remember well...Abu,am i right?).

Hope this helps.

I too am looking to get into a bit of pigeon shooting & was wondering about the NPPC. For the last few years I've been limited to clay shooting, although I used to do some walked up rough in Yorkshire some years ago (I still do a few bunnys at the inlaws riding centre - lots easier now I've found a hushpower too!).

Whilst I work in Birmingham I'm mostly down around the Oxfordshire/Gloustershire borders (we live near Brize Norton at present).

Anyone able to comment on the availability within that area or point me to any thing else appropriate? I was wondering about getting the odd guided day at first, being a newcomer to pigeons - would that be a good idea? Any reccomendations?

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...
Guest flightline

High Velocity, there`s good access at the times of day pigeons are likely to be about. The only restrictions would be land in the game season where the keeper has to agree the trip-this is something John arranges.

• 5 years later...

Hi Guys, I've not written on here before, but noticed this topic and found it really helpfull! I live in Burton and was considering NPPC for some shooting. I recently moved back down here from Aberdeenshire, so i'm still trying to get permission on some land, my knuckles are getting raw from front doors!! As soon as i get some good enough, i'd be happy to have tag alongs that i can sap some knowledge from! Also, ferreting and falconry every so often, if anyone wants to join in!?

Definitely worth it if you've got fields near you (remember you have to reccie them before you shoot them - if you want to give yourself the best chance of having a good day that is). Taking away the hassle of knocking on dozens of farmers doors or dealing with other people who might not like you shooting on 'their' patch etc is well worth £125 imo

I was a member but the fields kept moving further and further south until it got to the point that i couldn't afford the time or petrol so i didn't renew.

Mark

Definitely worth it if you've got fields near you (remember you have to reccie them before you shoot them - if you want to give yourself the best chance of having a good day that is). Taking away the hassle of knocking on dozens of farmers doors or dealing with other people who might not like you shooting on 'their' patch etc is well worth £125 imo

I was a member but the fields kept moving further and further south until it got to the point that i couldn't afford the time or petrol so i didn't renew.

Mark

Know what you mean, the closest is Middleton Tyas, I work near scotch corner and all my land I use is a little bit further on.

Can understand folks that live further a field, it's a bit far to travel :o

On the whole I find the club spot on, and not bad on the wallet for a whole year.

Makes a change from bunny bashing !

Edited by Durham-laddie

• 1 year later...

The NPPC sounds good. you say that you get a list of fields that you can shoot over, on this list you get is there any kind of log to whats been shot? how often its shot ect, ect. also am i right in saying there is no shooting ground in scotland?

Edited by fletch2

hello this is my 2nd year with nppc,i live in south lancashire so have to travel quite a bit,but still find it good value and i,ll be stayin with it indefinetly,only shot yorks this year havent looked at burton,i did 200 miles round trip tues to shoot,see post another bean field,in talk from the field.join i think you might like it regards to all members.