62 goose shooting

shooter1976

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Chrispti, , just checked up on the canada goose population and the latest official Webs counts 06\07 puts the numbers at 52,000 and a guy Baker called estimates is 82,550 in 1999 (Baker et al. 2006). As we will never know the exact numbers as birds are spread across many waters that are not counted 65-70, 000 are a fair estimate between these two population claims . Maybe your eyes cannot see a red bill on the white bird , but mine clearly can.

Edited by anser2

well im not one to get in on arguments but i do have this to say

not one person here but the original poster knows why so many were shot or what he is going to do with them

they could have been shot for crop protection or health reasons he could be handing them out around the neighbourhood to old and needy people

so to come on and say its a discrace and bla bla all you keyboard warriors should not jump to conclusions before you find the answers

allthough i am from derby i do not know the original poster these are my views

that is all

not bad day shooting in afternoon got 62 geese in couple off hours last weekend will be alot o geese on famliy table at chirstmas

How come you say you shot them last weekend (12/13th Dec) when that photo was taken on the 9th September at 18:43?

Why the lies? :good:

I have a feeling I have seen this photo before somewhere else, and could have been the combined bag from a party of guns?:lol:? Even so IMO unless divided between 10 guns still too many.

I know what you mean, has the chap got younger as years have gone on?? :good: Has this been a spoof of some kind :good: His personal picture, if indeed it is him (but seems to fit) makes him look much older than the chap in the goose picture..... or is it just my eyesight?

well im not one to get in on arguments but i do have this to say

not one person here but the original poster knows why so many were shot or what he is going to do with them

they could have been shot for crop protection or health reasons he could be handing them out around the neighbourhood to old and needy people

so to come on and say its a discrace and bla bla all you keyboard warriors should not jump to conclusions before you find the answers

allthough i am from derby i do not know the original poster these are my views

that is all

:lol:

Unless its proven that it is a swan the guy hasnt done anything wrong. He may have done something you dont agree with but all these brave armchair warrior comments by people who havn't even read the post correctly are a little sad, oh hum guess thats the world we live in.

Happy Crimble

:D:yes::good:;):D:good::P

doc

Edited by docholiday

Chrispti, , just checked up on the canada goose population and the latest official Webs counts 06\07 puts the numbers at 52,000 and a guy Baker called estimates is 82,550 in 1999 (Baker et al. 2006). As we will never know the exact numbers as birds are spread across many waters that are not counted 65-70, 000 are a fair estimate between these two population claims . Maybe your eyes cannot see a red bill on the white bird , but mine clearly can.

I got the info from here http://www.rspb.org.uk/wildlife/birdguide/...oose/index.aspx

I dont care if its bill glows in the dark, Id lay money on it NOT being a swan :good:

I have been drawn into this arguement before......so I shall not rise to it, prehaps only a little bit.......

But a few important points to all those goose hunting 'pest controlling' itinerant farm boys who don't know **** from clay.......

Once you have blown the heck out of the canada population its removal from the general licence will not only be from the pest list but the quarry season list for ever after.

Within my local wildfowling club, we have a problem from time to time of large numbers of geese grazing on winter wheat and such like- land which is under our control. I get the job of organizing the moving on of large numbers of these geese with other club members on a so called 'pest control basis' outside the 'wildfowling' banner.

Never in my lifetime have a modest bag over a couple of sittings moved them on out of harms way, and never have I ever taken 62 among 10 guns let alone 2.

You are obviously a youngster and new to the forum so are trying to impress us....

Unfortunately you have failed..Miserably......

Now kindly crawl back to whatever hole you came from.

Edited by starlight32

Greedy ******, next time leave some for others. Most of them wont be eaten, they will be dumped in a hole unless you got a freezer the size of a large shed.

Wonder how many you got into your motor aswell, being large birds not many.

Crop protection well you could of organised some guns together and shoot them over a period of time either the geese will be reduced or moved on somewhere else.

Georgehare,

Your question has been dealt with before but lets run through the answer again.

The woodpigeon population runs into millions and they breed almost all year round. They can lawfully be sold into the food chain. Each year in this country some 2 million are shot and their population is still thriving.

Game birds are, in the main, reared artificially. If you shoot a shed load you can replenish their numbers next season. They can also be sold.

Rabbits are, well - rabbits, and they breed as such. You might, with hard shooting/ferreting thin out a local population, but you won`t make any impression on their numbers nationally.

Canada geese in the UK currently number less that 90,000. If every one shot them in those quantities their population would soon decline. Oh, and you can`t legally sell them.

not bad day shooting in afternoon got 62 geese in couple off hours last weekend will be alot o geese on famliy table at chirstmas

interesting to know how and where you shot them , and with what .

not saying its right or wrong , i love goose shooting and if i go home with 1 , 2 or 3 at the most i,m chuffed plus canada's are a hard goose to prep and not the best of tastes imo.

just seems like s few too many to want to brag about it .