felly100

I own a Ford Ranger and I got a severe xxxxxxxxx from a farmer

for driving through some mud last week.I don't normally drive down

that part and i shall walk there in the future.One question for all the

other four wheel drive owners on here is.When you say your vehicle

is great off-road,are you incurring the wrath of your landowners?Do

you care?Do they care?I have lost some serious brownie points on that

farm.Cheers

1st time i go on new land i have the farmer/owner take me round and show me where i can or cant go so there can be no future probs.. i did have some land poached off me by a socalled mate who then tore straight across crops in his landy ...it was me that got it in the ear he also shot the daughters pet white duck

Most farmers don't like you tearing up their tracks as they then have to repair them before harvest as corn carting on really rutted tracks is a nightmare. We use them when they are dry enough and go carefully and when its really frosty or dry do lamp rabbits round the tramlines but that is with the farmer driving so basically respect where you are and just because you have a 4x4 churning the ground up won't make you popular no matter how fun you think it is

.When you say your vehicle

is great off-road,are you incurring the wrath of your landowners?Do

you care?Do they care?I

I would never dream of tearing up / doing damage to land on my permissions . When people mention being great off road I assume they are talking about going to pay and play sites or have their own land / friends with land where they can go and test their vehicles capabilities.

As a'RULE OF THUMB' only use track that the farmer has used recently, ground conditions can change so one day it's ok no probs then overnight it changes, and stay bad for weeks this time of the year. I tend to use my Quad mostly this time of the year but as the ground dries I use the L200 more. Hope this helps a bit, I often walk a section first but have mucked up a few tracks I must do hundreds of miles off road on estates each year.

Couple of tips I just remembered - don't drive on grass after a frost, turns the grass black, don't drive on fresh growing grass, look out for 6m wide margins as thay are for conservation.

Edited by pigeon popper

yup those conservation margins aren't to drive on and under some schemes the farmer can loose his payments on the basis of driving on them which can be monitored by satellite, loose him that money and its doubtfull you'll shoot on his land or anyone he knows ever again :good: