4X4 Alarms bells and Whistles

pavman

Pav you'll have one on the freelander open the door and you'll see a small black rubber type switch press it and it makes contact and puts the lights out etc

However were you to unscrew the switch and join the two wires together I would place money on it curing the problem. Only issue you will have is the interior light won't come on when you open the door, but with that and a seat belt buckle in place you shouldn't get any chimes :good:

I can take some photo's later if you like? PTM is push to make. Nearly all cars have them. Just open your current car door and the interior light should come on. The warning buzzer works of the same senor/switch. If your door is shut then there's no need to warn you. As a result tricking the car into thinking the door is shut will mean no buzzer for leaving the key in the ignition and none for leaving your lights on with the engine off. You can try this on your current car by looking either on the doorframe or body where the door meets the car. There should be some form of button normally covered in soft plastic. If you push this your interior lights should go off.

Joe

Pav you'll have one on the freelander open the door and you'll see a small black rubber type switch press it and it makes contact and puts the lights out etc

However were you to unscrew the switch and join the two wires together I would place money on it curing the problem. Only issue you will have is the interior light won't come on when you open the door, but with that and a seat belt buckle in place you shouldn't get any chimes :good:

Excellant tips guys will test it out :good:

"However were you to unscrew the switch and join the two wires together I would place money on it curing the problem. Only issue you will have is the interior light won't come on when you open the door, but with that and a seat belt buckle in place you shouldn't get any chimes"

I wouldn't recommend this on the hilux especially if new. Toyota don't like you adjusting their safety features to say it politely. I had a plug and play chip fitted for the extra torque in the fields. Made a big difference. Can go up hills in 2nd now i could only ever get up in 1st before. Also 5mpg better economy. They weren't happy when i forgot to take it out for a service. Just my opinion but i do only do stuff which can be undone without leaving any marks. If you do put the wires make sure you put em back for each service and MOT. Soldering iron at the ready.

Joe