Can dogs eat raw Rabbit?

njc110381

This may be a silly question but I've just had a really good thought. I've just come from the topic about me not really liking Rabbit that much and a reply has just given me an idea. Can dogs eat raw Rabbit? I ask because I've heard that cooked bones can be bad? Are Rabbit bones too small to be fed to dogs?

My master plan is this... I could give my excess bunnies to the dog shelter down the road. I could save them a fortune in food bills and would happily gut and skin all my bunnies and deliver them. It's pretty much on the way home from my shoot. I'm just not sure that such a small animal could be eaten by a dog bones in and raw?

mine love it mate, great nutritional meal, the one problem i could see is the dogs home not wanting to feed it, i feed high proportions of raw food to my 2 and offer the neighbours any excess, all turn there noses up.

wish i was closer to you as thats a great offer and i would be taking you up on it with some money your way if they turn there nose up.

just to clear it up though the bones are harmless RAW, and most dogs will love it.

RS

both our english bull terriers, and jack russel get fed raw rabbit,

think back to when you was a kid, do you remember seeing "white dog poo" thats from dogs that have been fed a raw meat diet, best thing in the world for them, now think of how many times you see a dog pulling its **** along the floor, thats from "full anal glands" which stop working when fed tinned dog food, where as dogs fed bones dont get that, as the anal glands need to work when "poo'ing" the bones, thus they stay empty and are not uncomfortable for the dog

so YES, the dog shelter should be very happy with them,

if they aint, they know sweet f a about dogs

My dog gets all sorts of raw meat, that includes whats left of a rabbit after I have taken the meat off for a stirfry etc. She also gets raw chicken wings, pigs trotters, cow knees and loves it. Although I belive you should not feed a dog cooked/tinned food at the same time as raw meat, something to do with the fact each they are digested at different rates?