Re: Hodnet Victory Shoot

Nicky T

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was the 2009 Mid wales rally :yes: I believe we won it aswell.

We did indeed, there certainly wasn't anything in front of us. :/

And we went on to shoot the Welsh Open Sporting Championship while we were waiting for the rest of them to catch up ^_^ :yes::P

Edited by Chard

Well what ever the weather I have payed for this shoot so shoot it I will :yes:

The last three out of four shoots I have been peeeed on so I reckon I'm due a dry day :/

Hopefully they wont have any rangey targets on as I,m begining to wonder about these Victory cartridges :yes: cant seem to hit the long stuff with them.

Getting excuse number one in early :P

Well Anni today has been real miserable - heavy rain and cold with it - the slight wind drives the cold through your clothes. - At moment it's stopped raining and it's still 38f - doesn't feel so cold as this morning. - Make sure you have warm feet and plenty of clothes on as it's not unknown to wait 40 min on a stand. - I take a top coat and take it off just before I shoot -it's not funny being cold and you start to wish you had died and gone to hell just to get warm. :yes:

Will give another update before I go to bed but not sure if I will be up at 6.00 in morning.

Dave :P

Thanks DSPUK

Sounds like its going to be a long day, I have become so sick of being wet and cold I bought one of them water proof, wind proof, fleece lined Musto clay shooting jackets.

Field tested it at doveridge and it worked a treat. just needs a good scarf and Im sorted :yes:

Roll on summer (well what ever we get of it) :P

Gent's this organisation is just not good enough, i demand a weather report at 04-30 hours. I have to set off at 5 bells at the latest. seriously it's never as bad as they say it's going to be.The snow is still laying here and in Leyburn we have had well over a foot of the stuff this last week.Our's tends to stick around for a while unlike the south, where it almost melts on contact. See you all soon. from Auntie. :yp: :lol::lol: :blink: :oops::/

Chard

If I can get a report on here between 5.30 and 6.00 the tea and burgers are on you :oops: I will have to go back to bed though.

Right now it's stopped raining and wind feels warm and it's 38.1f --so if this keep's up it will be OK -- So how will I recognise you all ??-- mini skirt/leather thigh boots/low cut shirt?:yp: -- I know Anni will be in a waterproof Musto coat and leggings etc :/

For me look for small old f^^t with funny shaped head (years of recoil) :blink: - got a gun stand on gunslip.

Dave

Chard

If I can get a report on here between 5.30 and 6.00 the tea and burgers are on you :oops: I will have to go back to bed though.

Right now it's stopped raining and wind feels warm and it's 38.1f --so if this keep's up it will be OK -- So how will I recognise you all ??-- mini skirt/leather thigh boots/low cut shirt:lol:? -- I know Anni will be in a waterproof Musto coat and leggings etc :/

For me look for small old f^^t with funny shaped head (years of recoil) :blink: - got a gun stand on gunslip.

Dave

You have met him before then :yp: :lol:

Chard

Right now it's stopped raining and wind feels warm and it's 38.1f --so if this keep's up it will be OK -- So how will I recognise you all ??-- mini skirt/leather thigh boots/low cut shirt? :lol: -- I know Anni will be in a waterproof Musto coat and leggings etc :lol:

Dave

A stand on gunslip? Is that like a sit on lawn mower? :lol:

No need to get up at 5:30 Dave. 6:15 would be fine :/

I'll be wearing a mauve off the shoulder Gucci number and slingback peep-toed Jimmy Choos, seamed stockings and a deep purple faux feather boa. See you there petal :yp:

I've heard you'll need ice picks and crampons to negotiate your way around Hodnet tomorrow. :/

Hopefully Chard will bring a team of Huskies and a sleigh..?? :yp:

Enjoy..!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cat.

I've not had to use crampons since I had a hysterectomy :blink:

:oops: Damn, the dogs will clash with my outfit. I might have to rethink the mauve/purple.

Could try a purple tint on the dogs fur :lol:

Edited by Chard

I've not had to use crampons since I had a hysterectomy :/

:yp: Damn, the dogs will clash with my outfit. I might have to rethink the mauve/purple.

Could try a purple tint on the dogs fur :lol:

Naah - try a hint of yellow, it should set the purple off a treat, but skip the boa, you'll get it caught in the breach like the last time :blink: :oops:

Edited by Yellow Bear