Re: Hodnet Victory Shoot

Nicky T

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nicky T and all. The next open(ish) shoot at Hodnet will be the Cheshire Shield a 100 bird competition for Police & emergency services teams. The organisers open up the remaining places to the great unwashed. It is held on the last Thursday in March and, fingers crossed, the weather has been kind for the last 7 or 8 years.

The guy who helps organise it was reffing (Stand 5) at Hodnet today and I will pm his phone number to anyone who wants it when the entries open in February.

Regards

Mr Potter

Sounds good to me - thanks :blush:

Geoff sends his regards to you all, and has just admited that he actually half enjoyed it.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Geoff "attempting" to pole vault just out of eye shot whilst we were shooting our penultimate stand was one of his many comedy moments today :D

Ignoring my absolutely **** poor performance :D It was a fantastic ground and great to shoot it with the usual suspects :D

Nice to meet Geoff aswell (great pole faulting technique) :yes:

Weather was good as has allready been said, but was a tad on the cold side for me (here comes the excuse ;))

I cant seem to settle in this cold weather, I'm just too tense and not relaxed enough to get into it. (Excuse 231, volume 2, 3rd chapter).

Cant wait to go back there and have another crack at it :hmm:

...58... Jesus...This game could break you if you let it :)......I'll BE BACK....... (Sorry just watching terminator on BBC 3 :blush:)

I've just spent 20 mins typing a post on this thread on my new laptop (Christmas present), pressed spellcheck and the post disappeared :blush::D:D

They're very clever, these new laptops. They can recognise sheeeeeeyte and they delete it automatically ;):):hmm:

Well shot today Mr P and Son of P, good to see you again.

Glad that Aunty and Geoff got home safe. He's a character, very good company :yes:

They're very clever, these new laptops. They can recognise sheeeeeeyte and they delete it automatically :yes::hmm::D

Well shot today Mr P and Son of P, good to see you again.

Glad that Aunty and Geoff got home safe. He's a character, very good company :blush:

He was going to say the same about you, but his new laptop deleted it! :D

Here's the one terribly exciting photogaph that I took at Hodnet. :good:

It's either Aunty trying to have a look at some blokes pair, or somebody else with a squirrel under their hat :)

Steady yourselves, I think Nick's photos are nearly as exciting as this one :lol::D:D

001th.jpg

Edited by Chard

glad to see you have changed your entire stance chard after our chat :lol: bet no one else noticed. :good::good:

No, nobody noticed.

This was an awkward stand for stance as well, the rabbit was first, fast R-L along that track in the background. The second bird was round to the extreme right, coming forward low from behind and landing somewhere near where my barrels are pointing. So you needed to do a Highland Fling to change position, or be very careful selecting your stance. :lol:

glad to see you have changed your entire stance chard after our chat :lol: bet no one else noticed. :good::lol:

Ah..........but i noticed it, when Chard shot Grimsthorpe he looked like he was trying to strangle a snake in a telephone kiosk, but now, (after your word in his ear), he's nowhere near as scrunched up. :good:

Cat

Cold !! -- Cold !! - you don't know the meaning of cold - you should have shot it a few years ago - even the batteries in traps froze - Tom was running round like a headless chicken - I thought it was quite warm - but there again thermal tee shirt -Long john's - moleskins - thick socks and lined wellies - shirt - jumper - windproof jacket - shooting vest and top coat might have helped - and wooly hat - almost forgot - sealskin gloves - best thing I have ever bought.

I know who stig is - known Stig for years.

dave

The mystery guest would like you all to know that his extraordinary pole vaulting skills were passed down to him from his maternal grandfather who used to be the East Germany pole vaulting champion, in the days of the Berlin Wall, when he thereafter became the West German pole vaulting champion. Good piccy's and a good day out. from Auntie. :good:

The mystery guest would like you all to know that his extraordinary pole vaulting skills were passed down to him from his maternal grandfather who used to be the East Germany pole vaulting champion, in the days of the Berlin Wall, when he thereafter became the West German pole vaulting champion. Good piccy's and a good day out. from Auntie. :good:

That's nearly as old as this one :

A sports commentator at the Olympics was interviewing one of the contestants, he asked:

Are you a Pole Vaulter? The athlete replied, No I am A German but how did you know my name?

Oh, how we laaaaaaarfed into the early hours :good: