FAC Airrifle

lindsay

Theoben or Daystate? :good:

Air Arms do the S410 Xtra, but it is rather on the long side. Your best bet is Daystate or theoben tbh, the Theoben Rapid series are very good but imo are ugly and very expensive new, and the customer suppost can leave something to be desired. Daystate have very good customer support and the Air Ranger is about the same prices as a Rapid Mk.2 new. The Daystate Mk.4 also gives you a good alternative if you don't fancy a bottle gun.

Go for a .22 for FAC though, an FAC rated .177 is a waste of time as the faster the pellet goes, the more unstable it is, and therefore the less accurate, with a .22 you get more shots per fill (more efficient, needs less air for the same muzzle energy) and you can get it to a higher muzzle energy while keeping excellent accuracy.

Although, if you're feeling adventurious you could go for a .25...... :beer:

Theoben or Daystate? :good:

Air Arms do the S410 Xtra, but it is rather on the long side. Your best bet is Daystate or theoben tbh, the Theoben Rapid series are very good but imo are ugly and very expensive new, and the customer suppost can leave something to be desired. Daystate have very good customer support and the Air Ranger is about the same prices as a Rapid Mk.2 new. The Daystate Mk.4 also gives you a good alternative if you don't fancy a bottle gun.

Go for a .22 for FAC though, an FAC rated .177 is a waste of time as the faster the pellet goes, the more unstable it is, and therefore the less accurate, with a .22 you get more shots per fill (more efficient, needs less air for the same muzzle energy) and you can get it to a higher muzzle energy while keeping excellent accuracy.

Although, if you're feeling adventurious you could go for a .25...... :beer:

All good advice, I'd lump for the theoben for performance, but I must say I like the AA's, unless you want a springer?

All good advice, I'd lump for the theoben for performance, but I must say I like the AA's, unless you want a springer?

Ahh the good old FAC springer. If you do go for a buddy bottle rifle you will most likely want an air cylinder to fill it with, as pumping it will give you a coronary. If a PCP and bottle is out of your price range then a springer will do lovely. :good: I would go for a .22 HW80 running about 20FPE (silky smooth, smoother than one running 12FPE :beer:), although you could also consider a Theoben Eliminator (they do about 30FPE, proper man sized gun;)) or a Webley Patriot (proper scope wrecker, needs quality glass otherwise you might aswell not bother;)).

I am looking in to this too. I have decided on either an Airwolf which seems to bee the cream of the crop or ridiculous as it sound a Gunpower SSS and then send it away to get tuned (new hammers, .25 barrel etc). You'll find many armchair experts telling you one thing and another so my advice is to go to a good gun shop and try some out as it's a very personal choice.

but could do with airrifle for those built up area jobs if you know what i mean.

There is a lot to be said for a carbine and nice position.

I have a AA410K and find that it is more than adequate for 'jobs'.

As with any PCP it is well worth budgetting for an air bottle.