Battery

Shooting Tom

Gents, I'll declare my interest. I sell Yuasa batteries, they may not be the cheapest, but are probably the best.

17 Ah is in my opinion OTT, as are car batteries. They are simply too heavy. The 7Ah is by far my best seller to pigeon shooters, the battery is also not too heavy for lamping.

webber

Gents, I'll declare my interest. I sell Yuasa batteries, they may not be the cheapest, but are probably the best.

17 Ah is in my opinion OTT, as are car batteries. They are simply too heavy. The 7Ah is by far my best seller to pigeon shooters, the battery is also not too heavy for lamping.

webber

7ah For lamping...Thats no-where near powerfull enough....I've got 2 7ah batterys and there next to useless for lamping...They give up there intensity very quickley....17ah all the way....

I use a 7ah battery and that does me fine for a couple of shooting days.

I just put it back on charge at end of each day.

seems more than big enough, rotary never slows all day long.

Chris

Your magnet must be a corker. None of mine would last more than about 3-4 hours with a 7ah unless i set the speed control to almost stop. Unless of course you're using hypa flaps, in which case the charge will last a fair bit longer. I wouldn't go out with less than a 12ah, and even then i would make sure i had a spare battery just in case.

7ah For lamping...Thats no-where near powerfull enough....I've got 2 7ah batterys and there next to useless for lamping...They give up there intensity very quickley....17ah all the way....

not powerful enough.. :yes: your batteries may be knackered or the output is to much for the 7amp battery

i used a 7 amp battery for lamping rabbits and it lasted very well..difference is,if you use a dimmer,they can last a hell of a long time.mine became useless only when it could not hold a charge but,from new it was used a hell of a lot ,about 2/3 times a week using a lightforce 170 with dimmer and over 2 year period.

fast charging did not help it either and so it gave up and i gave it a decent burial with full honours.. :good:

i have a 17 amp battery now and it is mainly for foxing and the lamp is on longer than it is for rabbits.

al

Edited by albob