Eley VIP Sporting (fibre).

tomba26

Anyone tried the Eley VIP Sporting carts (fibre wad, 28g 7.5s)? Thinking of trying a few as a late Christmas pressie to myself. FWIW I have been using Eley Blues of late with fibre wad....seem okay just curious as to the difference with the super duper all singing & dancing carts.

Cheers.

Thanks for the reply mate.

For those who have shot them, how would you compare the recoil of the VIP Sporting with Eley Blue (fibre) and Gamebore's Kent Velocity fibre (two carts I have used a fair bit).

Thanks again.

Personally I find them much smoother than the Kent Velocity, but I think the KV's are 'thumpers' anyway. Not tried Blues in fibre.

Personally I find them much smoother than the Kent Velocity, but I think the KV's are 'thumpers' anyway. Not tried Blues in fibre.

I personally find the velocity's a bit more thumpy than the Ely blue fibres. Just curious if the VIP Sporting is more likely to recoil harder given the supposed inrease in speed/performance.

Thanks for the replies folks.

I have decided to avoid the VIP Sporting fibres as I expect they will be a bit thumpy for me and to be honest I'm not good enough to warrant them yet.

I have ordered a slab each of Hull Comp X and also Hull Intercomps, both in 28g 7.5. Good things said about both so I thought I would try both. :yes:

Thanks again for your replies.

I have used them for ages and have never found them in any way thumpy, so I will disagree on that point.

The reason I would probably go for something else next time I need fobres would be the cost, and nothing else, I have broken clays at stupid distances using them so they give me 100% confidence that the cartridge is doing it's bit :yes:

Thanks for the replies folks.

I have decided to avoid the VIP Sporting fibres as I expect they will be a bit thumpy for me and to be honest I'm not good enough to warrant them yet.

I have ordered a slab each of Hull Comp X and also Hull Intercomps, both in 28g 7.5. Good things said about both so I thought I would try both. :yes:

Thanks again for your replies.

Both good shells, real shame they've dropped the Intercomp 24g 9s :sly:

Never shot VIPs but have growing confidence in the better end of the Eley line, both clay and game. Found Superbs gave me excellent breaks with pretty reasonable recoil and with our club going all fibre, VIP fibres are next on the cards. Game wise, this season I found the VIP Game excellent and with Eleys generally a good bit less than Express and Hulls just now, they're good VFM.

Edited by Ninj

The COMP X and the INTERCOMP are both very good clean cartridges with low recoil.

The 28g and the 21g COMP X are so soft that it can put you off but they kill very,very well. :good:

I actually use the 21g COMP X for tuition and competition. However if it`s a big competition I will move up to the 24g INTERCOMP. You don`t need any more.

Also the COMP X is very cheap by todays prices.