Hull Comp X Fibre Cartridges (clays).

Following on from my earlier post on Eley VIP Sporting cartridges, who has tried Hull's Comp X fibre wad?

I am now considering trying 1000 Comp X instead of the VIP's, specifically I am looking at 28g 7.5s (although I know a lot rate the 21g shell). How do the Comp X compare with Eley Blues and Kent Velocity, all in fibre wad? I have searched but not really found much info on the fibre wad 28g.

Obviously they are for sporting clays.

Cheers.

Edited by tomba26

I have never shot the 28gm Hull loads http://www.hullcartridge.co.uk/products/co...amp;button=View but the link is quite informative.

I have used Eley Blues in fibre and I found them thumpy. The Kent Velocity have even more recoil than the Blues and I did not like them at all.

There have been good reports on Hull's 28 gms on the forum.

I shot the kent for a while, then got a slab of comp X for the same money so decided to give them a go. They kick less and leave your gun cleaner, I wouldn't touch the kent's again, especially if I were intending to use them in my sbs.

I totally agree, i used to use Comp X and they are nice to shoot, far less kicky and leave far less fouling.

I still use them (Comp X 28g) for sporting but currently using Hull InterComp HV for skeet as they only do 9's in 21g.

Jon.

I've shot alot of the 21g load and the 28g load as well as the intercomp 28g.

Ive found there to be precious little difference between any of them. The Intercomps were the most convincing cart that i seemed to do the best with. But i was shooting alot more when i was using this cart. So it might well be down to that.

They are all great cartridges at excellent prices.