Sign in to follow this  
smig4373

SNIPE OR WOODCOCK

Snipe or Woodcock  

139 members have voted

1. 1. Is this a Snipe or Woodcock

• Snipe
    • Woodcock

100% snipe,if you look at the stripes on the head you will see that they go front to back,on a woodcock they go from one side to the other,

andrew

Going by the identification pics also posted on the previous thread it's obviously a snipe. Just look at the streaks around the head.

EDIT: As above.

Edited by Markio

Cant believe the question needs to be asked?!

whose a clever bug### then , strange that over a third of people didnt know as well, very helpfull comment by the way :yes::):yes:

60 votes so far and 15 for woodcock. seriously a quarter of you actually think that is a woodcock :blush: I hope you's don't have to shoot a woodcock one day because god knows what you'll shoot.

The saddest thing about that photograph is not the fact that he thought it was a woodcock, but that he actually took his DPM trousers off and laid them on the ground to take the photo. :blush:

409 members have so far viewed this topic wth only 11 voteing can we say then that 398 wasn't sure? :blush:

:D??...68 people have voted...

Snipe.

And it's rather worrying for those of you that can't tell the difference as you stand little hope of distinguishing between a snipe and a jack snipe!

FM

Dont take this the wrong way but if you were not sure what it was you shouldnt have shot it. If it had turned out to be a sandpiper or plover you would be in deep **** by now.

Personally and its only my opinion of course so dont get agitated.... I cannot see the point in shooting either snipe or woodcock, numbers of which are both nationally declining.

I dont suppose its even a mouthful.

FM

Guest rimotu66

Am late on this one and ive read what has been said already but yes its a Snipe..... Got my 1st Woodcock x2 on the last shoot :blush: (Sorry fishermanMike).

Edited by rimotu66

Dont take this the wrong way but if you were not sure what it was you shouldnt have shot it. If it had turned out to be a sandpiper or plover you would be in deep **** by now.

Personally and its only my opinion of course so dont get agitated.... I cannot see the point in shooting either snipe or woodcock, numbers of which are both nationally declining.

I dont suppose its even a mouthful.

FM

Yes this is only your opinion. I have seen more woodcock this year than in quite a few years, so until someone tells me it is against the law to shoot them or I notice a decline in their numbers I will keep shooting them.

woodcock.jpg

Woodcock

snipe.jpg

Snipe

I had to go and look it up because i have never seen either up close. I wouldnt ever want to shoot one either come to think of it, its not my sort of thing.

Phil.

post-14237-1262256241.jpg

sorry for the delay in posting the pitchers could not find the camra hope these help if you want any more difrent angles taken let me know by tonight as i will be preparing them tonight left bird snipe right bird woodcock