Lr3

Fleabag

Well the decision has been made with the last malfuntion of my disco. on Thursday my dash went mad with lights dingdongs, my air suspention failed and droped on the bumpstops, the ride was orrible. my rear brake lights failed. my transmission went in to failure, and limphome mode took over. the customer service came to my home and after an inspection found the brake pedel switch had failed causing all the other malfunctions. cant get a replacement till tuesday next week. well stuffed. so if any body wants a black hse 2008 touch screen tv model facelifted(2010)commercial with 21500 miles its going cheep.

How cheap is cheap? As honest at the sale pitch is, I think it needs refining :good:

Seriously though, there is no fun or peace of mind in having a car where you are just waiting for the next "failure"; get rid :oops:

4x4 vehicles are like washing machines and dishawashers - you want the premium brand but the base model with the least features and functions to go wrong. Whe people talk of landrovers with auto this, self level the other and electric that it is normally the prelude to how the AA came a calling :good:

Can you get all the "electronic bound to let you down stuff" stripped out? I understand it's all the rage on late reg Disco 2's.

How cheap is cheap? As honest at the sale pitch is, I think it needs refining :good:

Seriously though, there is no fun or peace of mind in having a car where you are just waiting for the next "failure"; get rid :oops:

4x4 vehicles are like washing machines and dishawashers - you want the premium brand but the base model with the least features and functions to go wrong. Whe people talk of landrovers with auto this, self level the other and electric that it is normally the prelude to how the AA came a calling :good:

Can you get all the "electronic bound to let you down stuff" stripped out? I understand it's all the rage on late reg Disco 2's.

Not even worth contemplating. its still got its seven seats and seat belts so could sell it as normal or commercial. Realistically £27000 ish

When I bought my Defender I insisted on a 300tdi for just this reason. Land Rover and electrics just don't go together IMO. The td5s were cheaper but I just didn't want them!

The older models are just as unreliable but at least you can fix most faults with a big hammer and some cable ties :oops: