Looking for a web site

Axe

reloading hand books are quite good for that, the nosler one is esspecially good, gives a short history of the cartridge and what it was developed from, and gives you an idea of what its used for, although more often than not this is targeted at the americans. the nosler book is also a very good handloading guide, so if you ever intend to reload it would be worth getting anyway. also includes the normal safety stuff and how to reload guide.

Thanks, I really want to get to grips with the various calibres out there. Having now started taking a healthy interest in this and about to apply for muh ticket, thought it might be an idea to make sure I get a good handle on things.

Poor old Sussex Lad is getting his ear bent out of shape, with all my questions! :devil: He's been very, very helpful though. :yp:

Regards,

Axe.

Edit, thanks Brian, once again.

Edited by Axe

Axe,

Lots to take in eh !

I agree with Nick, the Nosler reloading book is excellent.

I also have:

The Sporting Rifle By Robin Marshall-Ball

which gives a good spread of calibres - a bit "deer"

- you need to keep in mind most books will make no reference to .17 rimfire as they were printed before this calibre arrived - but rimfirecentral fixes that.

Happy reading - lots of it

Cheers

AndyCM

Thanks Andy, i'll take a trip to the library to see what I can find.

I just seem to be getting muh self in a muddle with all the different variances and theres only so much ear bending I can do before someone gives me a Grolsch and says SHTOP!

Regards,

Axe.

You will read all this stuff and end up buying a Remmy in .243 like everyone else :yp:

There are zillions of caibres but unless you relaod (and even then it can become a problem) don't stray too far off the beaten track.

Put up new post 'What is the best calibre' and see how many replies you get to that one!!

A lot of come and gone, I wouldn't like to think how many there must have been over the years - I think Walther barrels had an almost complete list at one time.

In the UK I would bet half a dozen calibres make up 80-90% of the guns owned.

Getting ammo for the more obscure calibres will be a problem.