How well did we shoot today? 2010 edition.

Anni

I don't think they will print it either haha let's say it was above 73 but below 75 haha. The was a simo pair on one stand I missed the first pair then cleared the rest just using one shot each pair. This was the same all day missing the first or last pair each stand. I think i should have eaten more cheese and drank less wine haha

That could have been worse, I thought you were going to say you got about 64 :P

Are you up for Coniston next Sunday? Should be a good shoot :hmm:

There's also a Police Shoot at Worsley on Friday 30th April that I completely forgot about. Not sure I can do it now, but I'll try and sort it :good:

Edited by Chard

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That could have been worse, I thought you were going to say you got about 64 :P

Are you up for Coniston next Sunday? Should be a good shoot :hmm:

There's also a Police Shoot at Worsley on Friday 30th April that I completely forgot about. Not sure I can do it now, but I'll try and sort it :good:

Yep I am up for that. I will defo do the police shoot as well if you can sort it :D

Nice outing to Copfurn with Mungler and Mr & Mrs Broken Man this morning. Dressed for the expected hot weather and then promptly got ****** on from a great height :good:

Finished on 60 ex 80 after an enjoyable round :hmm:

Good arrows Bagsy. Did you beat Mung, then? :P

Well done to all (even the southern contingent :good: ) there looked to be some good scores out there today, Chard & Maglad especially seem to be on the way up.

Couldn't decide where to go today, I've not been to Kingsly for a while but it will be on again in 2 or 3 weeks, Llandegla was tempting but I've heard that the Welsh Countryside Agency have banned them shooting over the heather moorland (lead issue rearing it's ugly head). The impression I was given was that the sporting shoot would have to be held on the trap & skeet layouts in front of the clubhouse, the track above (behind) the clubhouse were in my opinion the "interesting" targets were thrown would be out of bounds as that's were you shoot over the heather. Is that what happened or have I been mis-informed?

Anyway ended up at Grange Farm in Leicestershire for 100 ESP which was an England Team selection shoot and no I'm not getting ideas way above my station or my ability but these selection shoots are usually a bit tougher than the norm, or so they should be. The shoot was squadded and me and my mate (non PWer) only booked on late on Saturday afternoon and we kicked off at 1 o'clock. The shoot was tough but not stupidly so, the AA shooters were all in the 80's with a fair few in the 90's, I was disappointed with my performance, quite a few stands with 2 away and finished on one of the card busters and missed 4 out of the 6 :hmm::P:D Ended up on a 79 which in A class wasn't good enough, there were 6 or 7 in the 80's but an awful lot in the 60's.

There was however a PW success today at Grange, 100milesaway aka Auntie shot a very tidy 77 and scooped the pot in 'C' class. It will be drinks all round unless she pays her fuel bill first (I think she said it was a 340 mile round trip from home!!) Well shot Auntie under what I thought were very trying conditions, as I said the shoot was squadded and the norm is that the squad 'rotates' to take turns in shooting first. I assume that Auntie's squad decided to shoot in the same order as she was last to shoot on every stand, not only that but the rest of the squad disappeared to the next layout leaving her to shoot on her own, collect the squad card and catch them up. :D:D:good:

It didn't seem to bother Auntie in the slightest but in my humble opinion the behavior of the rest of that squad was at the very least ignorant and was certainly totally disrespectful. It may not surprise some to know that a very well known young former England & European champion was heading the squad !!!!

Anyhow, no medals for Potter Snr. today but next weekend is a 3 out of 4 day shoot fest starting with the GM Police shoot at Worsley aka Manchester Clay Shooting Ground on Friday and finishing at Catton Hall on the BH Monday with (can't decide) on the Sunday.

Mr Potter

Well done to all (even the southern contingent :hmm: ) there looked to be some good scores out there today, Chard & Maglad especially seem to be on the way up.

Couldn't decide where to go today, I've not been to Kingsly for a while but it will be on again in 2 or 3 weeks, Llandegla was tempting but I've heard that the Welsh Countryside Agency have banned them shooting over the heather moorland (lead issue rearing it's ugly head). The impression I was given was that the sporting shoot would have to be held on the trap & skeet layouts in front of the clubhouse, the track above (behind) the clubhouse were in my opinion the "interesting" targets were thrown would be out of bounds as that's were you shoot over the heather. Is that what happened or have I been mis-informed?

Anyway ended up at Grange Farm in Leicestershire for 100 ESP which was an England Team selection shoot and no I'm not getting ideas way above my station or my ability but these selection shoots are usually a bit tougher than the norm, or so they should be. The shoot was squadded and me and my mate (non PWer) only booked on late on Saturday afternoon and we kicked off at 1 o'clock. The shoot was tough but not stupidly so, the AA shooters were all in the 80's with a fair few in the 90's, I was disappointed with my performance, quite a few stands with 2 away and finished on one of the card busters and missed 4 out of the 6 :P:D:D Ended up on a 79 which in A class wasn't good enough, there were 6 or 7 in the 80's but an awful lot in the 60's.

There was however a PW success today at Grange, 100milesaway aka Auntie shot a very tidy 77 and scooped the pot in 'C' class. It will be drinks all round unless she pays her fuel bill first (I think she said it was a 340 mile round trip from home!!) Well shot Auntie under what I thought were very trying conditions, as I said the shoot was squadded and the norm is that the squad 'rotates' to take turns in shooting first. I assume that Auntie's squad decided to shoot in the same order as she was last to shoot on every stand, not only that but the rest of the squad disappeared to the next layout leaving her to shoot on her own, collect the squad card and catch them up. :D:good::good:

It didn't seem to bother Auntie in the slightest but in my humble opinion the behavior of the rest of that squad was at the very least ignorant and was certainly totally disrespectful. It may not surprise some to know that a very well known young former England & European champion was heading the squad !!!!

Anyhow, no medals for Potter Snr. today but next weekend is a 3 out of 4 day shoot fest starting with the GM Police shoot at Worsley aka Manchester Clay Shooting Ground on Friday and finishing at Catton Hall on the BH Monday with (can't decide) on the Sunday.

Mr Potter

Well done Mr P and Aunty. A good day all round for PW methinks.

How did Aunty end up on a squad with such a bunch of cockheads? There are some right turkeys around in this game unfortunately :good:

I forgot Catton was on again on Monday :good:

Glad you've seen sence & ur shooting the Benellie. I took me Auto for a run out at Kingsley today did an 89 but messed up on 2 stands with 4 away on the platform & another 3 on a left to right stand 1. Anni there's an Auto shoot at weston wood next week same format as the Benellie. I am shooting it on the sat if you fancy a go send me a PM.

Rgds K

Good shooting K :good: PM on the way.

The said England shooter was also coaching three of the squad on the way round and none of the refs said a word. Anyway me shoulders are broad and i don't mind if someone wants to shoot the stands first everytime, it meant i didn't need to take a lead, so win ,win situation. They were all nice enough bods and i did keep them a little longer than needed on a few occasions as i had the score sheet. from Auntie :good::yes::rolleyes:

wrongly informed mr P. no doubt a certain x manager told you. :hmm::hmm: long story :P:yes:

well shot auntie :good::yes::rolleyes: still life in you yet :lol::lol: who was the head of this squad then.

awaiting pm. :D

Went to Thimbleby North Yorkshire today and did a round of 100 sporting with a friend and shot i 57 :yes: now for the excuses :rolleyes: it was my first time at the ground and had a great time and would recommend it to anyone contemplating going (excuse 1) and i dont think for excuse 2 the was 3 stands that ******** me as i just didn't know what to do with the birds as i don't do much sporting and am not sure where to go with a rising crossing going away bird :good: but shot 9 out of 10 on 2 stands so im happy.

George

Edited by groach1234

sorry mr potter but that selection shoot wasnt a toughie, there were 2 or 3 95's and about 20 shooters 90+ . i shot a pathetic 85.

On reflection Emmsy you are quite right it wasn't a particular tough shoot one or two tough stands (stand 9 and Charlie's stand, I think it was 14) but I made it tough. One thing was the number of simo pairs, I for one am not used to shooting very many simo pairs. When I started shooting a report pair was as rare as hens teeth but perhaps the simo pair is making a comeback.

When the results are on the CPSA website I'll check but there were a lot of A class shooters and although I saw an 85 on the board with a smattering in the low 80's there were an awful lot in the low 70's and in the 60's (didn't make me feel much better though when I think of some of the one's I missed!!)

Mr Potter

Morning Mr Potter, I posted on here last week that I wouldnt shoot the Grange again because past experience of shooting the place with simo pairs of edge on screamers , crossers and quartering away into the distance, They used to put on a high speed edge on rabbit there which took off from about 30 yards away going at 12oclock direction. The few who did manage to break it had to use 6.5 shot to break it, hopefully they didnt put it on again yesterday? :good:

layout at grange was ok, its just there was nothing particually hard for you to catch back up on if you had missed elsewhere. i overlead most stuff i missed. nothing couldnt be broke with normal cartridges etc etc. the 2 stands you talk about mr potter (charlies and the tower crosser) i straighted both. it was the silly close stuff i was missing.

Llandegla results are on their site now.

I won B Class there as well, oh how we laaaaarfed. :good:

Very low entry, not surprising after the other two shoots they've held.

I hope word gets about that they've simmered them down a bit, because this was a good shoot and if they're going to do them like this in future,

they deserve to get the entries. :yes:

I will certainly do the next one :rolleyes:

Edited by Chard