How well did we shoot today? 2010 edition.

Anni

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

21, 21, 21, 20, 18 on the skeet today so pretty happy with that.

I shot a round of Olympic skeet for the first time today, 11 ex 25, man they are fast but i really enjoyed it :o straighted 6 :o i'll be shooting that again lol.

I think the 18 was down to me over leading everything after OSK, ESK seems sooo slow by comparison :o

Oh well, it's the English Skeet Open next week and that should be an experience but a nice way to celebrate my 1st anniversary of getting my SGC and starting shooting :o

Then it's time for a change as i'm planning to switch to maintained lead instead of swing through for skeet and start shooting more sporting. I'd hoped to do the PW shoot at Hodnet next week but the Open was confirmed and entered before.

Jon.

Went to kingsley moor.I really must stop starting off in the field, dropped 6 on the first two stands in there.The rest of the layout wasnt too tough to be fair .I kept on dropping the odd one or two as is my style :good: .Finished with 86, should of been in the nineties.

Well shot there Bud, I too shot a 86! but after coming off stand 7 with a 8,

I was assailed by the comments of a couple of shooters bleating! " He should shoot that one pair again"

Cos one of them was broken? I only shoot birds only and was annoyed that these two herberts as they waited to shoot could protest as the pair they

protested about was much harder

than the usual pair being shot! however? Instead of replying with my usual ****OFF! You T**T and reshot the pair again!! And ****** missed! Hhhhm,

Iwill remember those two herberts, and will take

great delight in questioning their dodgy kills in the meetings ahead! Nice to meet up with the Manchester Mafia

Who all seemed to be shooting well! I finished with a Paltry 84.ROLL ON NEXT SATURDAY! When those southerners

come up here to be THRASHED!! :good::good:

Edited by jko

I lost my concentration completely at the end and ****** up a good card over something as stupid as getting confused over changed shooting order :good:

Just shows how touch and go this concentration lark is for some people (like me)

I was confidently heading for mid to high 80's then lost my rag 5 stands from the end and ended on 79.

No idea what anybody else got :good:

Well shot B325 and JKO, two great scores :good:

Well shot Claybuster, I think he got 87 or 88

I was joint 2nd in B Class when I left, but I can't imagine that'll last.

It was like a PW day out - me, Timps, Anni, Claybuster, JKO, Magman, Maglad, NickyT, Ainsley, Whiskeymac, B325 :o

It was 'kin hot :yes:

Edited by Chard

jko i was standing right behind you when that happend on stand 7 although i didnt know who you were at the time. I saw nothing wrong with the simo pair.I should stick a 86 down if i were you.You were smashing them for fun . How did you get on on that first rabbit ,it kept on jumping like a kangaroo for me. :good:

39/50 At our club this morning....

quite pleased with that......top gun by 1 clay.....

Real test is next Saturday then a Competition at our club on the Sunday....

At least i wont be able to use the excuse that im rusty on Sunday.....lol

1 more little practice on Wednesday night then thats me all ready .....

shaun

B325. If you mean the fast R " L rabbit on the the next stand down, where you had the fast rabbit and then the L 2 R edge on midi? I

dropped the first rabbit then finished with a 7x8. plus the same for the next 3 stands, straighted the last two stands down there though! I am after all 71

years old. Next time you are shooting Bud, come and

say Hiya! Regards.

Edited by jko

HEY!! :yes: I just remembered!! Young Maglad staighted stand 10 I think!! last stand on the far left before you turn right before

the stand on the gantry!! Young Chipper stuck them all in!! :good: Well shot young dude!! Hope I retire befor you start kicking my ***!! :good::good:

Started off in the field today with the lad both shooting my 12 (Well you've seen the price of 20g shells :o )

I dropped nine birds there :lol: the lad only killed 5 :good: so for him to finish on a 58 with a strange gun he shot the woods well :yes:

Today i had some shells to use up and glad i did as there poo :lol: finished on a 77 :lol: ****** me it felt like a 60 :hmm:

Jim was shooting very straight when i saw him shooting today :lol:

Plus the stand with two 1 on1 on report then two simmo pairs i had the same as Jim , one pair slightly off line and somebody call no bird :good: killed them as well :good: next pair out pair killed so got the 8 :lol: on the same stand the lad shot both simmo pairs with 1 shell each time :lol:

Good to see so many there today :o

Edited by magman

Well shot you lot :good:

I spent the day at home counting the money I saved by not trailing out shooting! :good:

******* tightwad students. :good:

Were you eating baked beans out of a can and slurping pot noodles?

Then washing it down with a vat of Tesco vodka :yes:

Oh, fer ***** sake! Richard you have a cruell term of phrase!! Young Paulos has a tedious lifetime in front of him against

him , Remember!! He knows nothing except the mantra of -- Blairite ****E he has been exposed to over the last few years

Its sad he cant shoot on a regular basis cos on his day he,se pretty good.

Edited by jko

Oh, fer ***** sake! Richard you have a cruell term of phrase!! Young Paulos has a tedious lifetime in front of him against

him , Remember!! He knows nothing except the mantra of -- Blairite ****E he has been exposed to over the last few years

He, unfortunatly thinks that it OK to sit on his backside whinging abouts whats going on? as long as he dosent have to address the problem!!!

:good: Me? Whinge? Blairite? Sitting on my backside??? :good: I'm afraid you must be mistaken Jim, for I am a spritely young go-getter with "give 'em hell" attitude :good: