How well did we shoot today? 2010 edition.

Anni

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Were they John Deere bollards then? :hmm::lol::P

Thankfully they were not John Deere green and yellow as we managed to avoid them, just. :lol: :blink:

Cheers Ian, looks like Timps and Whiskymac have got thirds in their respective classes too :good:

At least you're still looking good in the Winter Series :yes:

I expect I will be getting substantial winnings so I will now have to go back there again :oops::lol: its a lovely shoot but I am damned if I can shoot it properly :lol:

Cheers Ian, looks like Timps and Whiskymac have got thirds in their respective classes too :good:

At least you're still looking good in the Winter Series :yes:

Good to see Chard propping up A Class with a solid 3rd from bottom position :good: Trying to get back into B Class much? :hmm::P

I expect I'd have got a 97 :hmm:

Edited by paulos

Went to a new, to us sporting 100 bird shoot today with Paulos.The targets were good, no breakdowns, the people there were very welcoming. The price includes a brew and a bacon butty all in a beautiful house kitchen complete with an AGA cooker.Scores for me 76 and for Paulos 78. The shoot could be a welcome addition to the current grounds in the north as the owner is considering CPSA membership next year. There is also room for 8 FITASC layouts. Could be good.We then went onto the 60 bird sporting at Marne Barracks, where Paulos shot a 48 (49)was winning it and I could only muster a 38. I think my arms seemed to be screaming with the weight of the gun, due to me not having shot for a month. I'm going to do some arm exercises, lifting some baked bean cans!!!. from Auntie. ;)Forgot to name the shoot. It's JC Marsh Clays. Elton Moor Farm. Whinney Hill. Stockton on Tees. TS21 1BQ. Take a look at the website.

Edited by 100milesaway

Went to a new, to us sporting 100 bird shoot today with Paulos.The targets were good, no breakdowns, the people there were very welcoming. The price includes a brew and a bacon butty all in a beautiful house kitchen complete with an AGA cooker.Scores for me 76 and for Paulos 78. The shoot could be a welcome addition to the current grounds in the north as the owner is considering CPSA membership next year. There is also room for 8 FITASC layouts. Could be good.We then went onto the 60 bird sporting at Marne Barracks, where Paulos shot a 48 (49)was winning it and I could only muster a 38. I think my arms seemed to be screaming with the weight of the gun, due to me not having shot for a month. I'm going to do some arm exercises, lifting some baked bean cans!!!. from Auntie. ;)Forgot to name the shoot. It's JC Marsh Clays. Elton Moor Farm. Whinney Hill. Stockton on Tees. TS21 1BQ. Take a look at the website.

Hawkeye shot there today finished on a 77 i beleive ;)

Sounds good Auntie, another CPSA ground up here in the North would make a nice change from the usual M6 Southbound route to registered shooting.

Went to Southdown today for a change as I'm darn Sarf visiting the folks for Christmas. Took some advice and shot the registered Sportrap for a warm up prior to their registered Christmas Sporting shoot. Finished up with an 80 in the Sportrap and and 81 in the Sporting so the warm up worked :lol:

Shot a couple of flash clays in the Sporting so have earnt a couple of entries into the raffle for some special festive prizes - fingers crossed :lol:

Roll on Hodnet on Thursday :yes::good:

Well done Daieye - Have always found ABT a bit tricky.

Went to Shugborough Sunday - first time since 2002 - targets seemed to be same - came out with a 85 - trouble was I missed one bird on each of 7 stands - - enjoyed day though -- met guy I have seen around a few times and we joined up- name of Simon - he has been shooting sporting for a year - got himself into B class and he did a 70 - give him some more practice and he could be good - just needs to read targets bit better.

He did hammer me on stand 1 9x10 to my 6x10.

Dave

ps - missed new 2011 post :oops:

Edited by DSPUK

Well done Daieye - Have always found ABT a bit tricky.

Went to Shugborough Sunday - first time since 2002 - targets seemed to be same - came out with a 85 - trouble was I missed one bird on each of 7 stands - - enjoyed day though -- met guy I have seen around a few times and we joined up- name of Simon - he has been shooting sporting for a year - got himself into B class and he did a 70 - give him some more practice and he could be good - just needs to read targets bit better.

He did hammer me on stand 1 9x10 to my 6x10.

Dave

ps - missed new 2011 post :oops:

Good shooting Dave :good: