How well did we shoot today? 2010 edition.

Anni

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, went for a play at AC Sporting Targets at Northolt this afternoon, always a friendly ground.

Shot a 24 on the skeet, (missed High 3 single in front), then went and shot a 23, oh dear..!!! :yes:

I then had a go on the Compact and missed a load there too..!! :hmm:

Anyway, I was using some different shells today that I won at a recent shoot, they were 28 gram RC2's in 8's, my goodness, they were soft on the shoulder but they certainly didn't break the clays as well as my regular shell, the Hull Sovereign 8's, they really was no comparison on the quality of kills.

I don't wish to sound like MC, but it's amazing the difference..!! :hmm:

Cat.

Yes, went for a play at AC Sporting Targets at Northolt this afternoon, always a friendly ground.

Shot a 24 on the skeet, (missed High 3 single in front), then went and shot a 23, oh dear..!!! :yes:

I then had a go on the Compact and missed a load there too..!! :hmm:

Anyway, I was using some different shells today that I won at a recent shoot, they were 28 gram RC2's in 8's, my goodness, they were soft on the shoulder but they certainly didn't break the clays as well as my regular shell, the Hull Sovereign 8's, they really was no comparison on the quality of kills.

I don't wish to sound like MC, but it's amazing the difference..!! :hmm:

Cat.

Get yourself some Gamebore Thooper-Thteel at £100/1000. You know it makes sense ?????????

:drinks:

You are a disgrace to the sport! How dare you make such a suggestion??? If lead shot is banned, it will be YOUR fault :sly::good::good:

:lol::lol:

OK Dennis/Iasgair, I humbly apologise because I am not worthy of an opinion and even though you talk sheeeeeeeeeyte overtime, I must obey, master :yes:

(******* students)

Edited by Chard

LOL Broken Man considered the Fennes, but we settled for Dartford - not a sole there.

Had a good blat round - nothing too challenging - just reminded of how the ground is being wasted for ESP - it could be so much more.

Copfurn tomorrow - not everyone's cup of tea, but challenging none the less.

not a sole there.

Is there a fish stand at Dartford now ? :good:

Went to Copfurn today, cold but sunny.

Scores on the doors as follows -

65 Mungler

63 Bagsy

61 ME

55 Markio

50 James (Steves mate)

27 Steve

Nice to meet James :blink: Steve wouldnt wear the gaylord hat so we'll save that till next time. :good:

I gave up after three stands at Fennes today, got fed up waiting, everyone seemed to think it was a day to go shooting... ! :blink:
Ditto in Hampshire two weeks running. Standing around in sub zero temperatures with a keen wind waiting for each stand isn't funny. The sport's getting too popular with too few facilities; will have to start travelling further afield to use "every day" grounds regardless of cost. A pity as our club's so friendly.

70/100 at Caterham this morning - dropping 9 on the first 2 easy stands which didn't help otherwise pleased with that.

Bumped into PDLM and his mate there. They were off to Court Farm afterwards to pick up some past winnings of Pete's so went with them and decided to shoot it.

Did a 68/100. Again off to a bad start dropping 6 on the first stand. Also dropped 9 on the last stand - sun right in your eyes and that knackered a good card but still ended second in B class (Members) behind a 69 - so not bad.

Edited by Bigweed

Very disappointed with today :blink:

Went to shoot the registered comp at Shugborough with NickyT and Anni, and bumped into Magman and Jay there.

Weather was very cold but clear blue sky and no wind :good:

12 stands and after stands 1-6, I'd only dropped 5, so I thought I was on for a goodie. I knew stands 7-12 were tougher, but I wasn't prepared for dropping 26 on the second half :o :o :o . Diabolical finish to the comp.

Scores on the ******* doors :

Magman - 75 Well shot chap :good:

NickyT - 73 Nice one Nick, consistent shooting

Chard - 69 **** off :good:

Anni - 62 Blame the cartridges :P

Jay - 51 Great shooting Jaybird :good:

Jay was particularly good today. He ditched his 20g and shot with one of the old man's 12g guns. Top stuff, chap. Pretty impressive on the pool shoot too, where he beat me by two :good:

I'm hacked off with my effort today, because I don't like going backwards. I've only shot Shugborough 4 times and I'm not getting any better there - 70, 72, 72, 69 :good::oops::hmm:

Edited by Chard

Shugborough.

Dont Know what the HECK is wrong with me :blink: Just cant seem to concentrate. Its becoming very unenjoyable (spelling?).

Started off great but dropped 9 clays on a 5 pair stand. :good: on the second half of the course.

62 what a richard head.

Going to hit the practice stands hard :good: back to basics stuff.

Good work Maglads :good:

Edited by Anni

:blink: Did jj,s as needed an earlyish finish....chocked to the eyeballs, shot like a cock, Fatcat shot like a cant ( which was his word of the day), anita did her usual and Dangerousdave was the only one who did any good really.....Poo really

Edited by Evil Elvis

ME shot out of his skin today.

I got off to a good start and finished poorly. My card was mainly 8's and 7's but on two stands the wheels fell off - completely mis-read the target (I shot miles in front of it) resulting in a 2/8 and 4/8 screwing the card nicely.

ME's card was all 6's, 7's and 8's, very consistent.

Bagsy got off to a slow start but powered through the last half.

I reckon had we shot another 2 stands it could have been a dead heat between myself, Bagsy and ME.