How well did we shoot today? 2010 edition.

Anni

75 For me today as you no :good:

Enjoyed the day but should of done better , starting to get more confident with different targets now :good:

Lots of idiots there today comming of stands saying , needs more lead than you think that (what is the piont in that :blink: )

Funiest moment for me was two blokes doing badly on a stand that Magboy went on and straighted , even the lad doing the score card was laughing :good:

We never planned to shoot on are own but after waiting 30+ minutes we decided to start without you :hmm:

Well done to all well shot chaps :good:

Ps, only had a go on the pool shoot as NickyT bet me a box of shells i couldn't break the second bird with 1/4 choke :good:

Both me and Jay did :good: Didn't get the shells though :oops:

Edited by magman

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ps, only had a go on the pool shoot as NickyT bet me a box of shells i couldn't break the second bird with 1/4 choke :good:

Both me and Jay did :good: Didn't get the shells though :good:

Probably because when asked "are you taking the bet?" whilst waiting to shoot the pool, you answered "no" :good:

The lucky break that you did get was very impressive though :good:

Well shot today though :blink:

Even ME might have beaten you today??? :blink:

Er, OK then :good:

I would have smacked Bazzas botty at the clays today, shame he wasnt there to experience it.

So you won no prizes at JJ's today then ? :good: When we left I was on for a win in B class at Copfurn today :good::good:

Very disappointed with today :blink:

Went to shoot the registered comp at Shugborough with NickyT and Anni, and bumped into Magman and Jay there.

Weather was very cold but clear blue sky and no wind :good:

12 stands and after stands 1-6, I'd only dropped 5, so I thought I was on for a goodie. I knew stands 7-12 were tougher, but I wasn't prepared for dropping 26 on the second half :o :o :o . Diabolical finish to the comp.

Scores on the ******* doors :

Magman - 75 Well shot chap :good:

NickyT - 73 Nice one Nick, consistent shooting

Chard - 69 **** off :good:

Anni - 62 Blame the cartridges :P

Jay - 51 Great shooting Jaybird :good:

Jay was particularly good today. He ditched his 20g and shot with one of the old man's 12g guns. Top stuff, chap. Pretty impressive on the pool shoot too, where he beat me by two :good:

I'm hacked off with my effort today, because I don't like going backwards. I've only shot Shugborough 4 times and I'm not getting any better there - 70, 72, 72, 69 :good: :o :hmm:

you cant judge your shooting on one shoot alone :o :P

only thing i notice is anni is going the wrong way :hmm::hmm:

nice going the mag men :oops::hmm: :o

impressive stuff from young Jay even if he's RUBBISH at throwing snowballs

I mite be rubbish at throwing snow balls but you lost your bet Nikki t after saying quarter choke would not hit a clay at a fair distance away, i proved him wrong by just hitting the clay.I shocked him because he was betting my dad and im a bit younger :P:lol::yes:

Annie:as well as proving Nikki t wrong i also shoot the clay with a cartridge Annie give me saying there ****.

chard:well done u old **** :lol::good:

mag man: :good::lol::good::good::yes:

Nikki T: :hmm::hmm::hmm::hmm::hmm::hmm: very well shot

:lol: you've got a point there Jay - not only did you make the shot you also did it with one of Anni's carts :good:

I'll bring you a box of cartridges next time you're shooting a comp i'm at :good:

Tell your Dad that you need to go to Doveridge on 31st January and i'll bring them there for you :good:

Nice touch. Tell me Dave, what's the grooming standard to become a member of Bazza's hareem? :good:

We're drawn like magnets 'cos he's got a Dart-tag!! Shooting seems way off at the moment and i don't seem to give a toss either (That's not being flippant - I really don't care one way or the other).

Think i might need to get me some lessons in the spring to up my ante.

I did the 70 bird Reg Sporting at 4 Counties near Newbury........Jeez, was it cold....!!! :good:

There were quite a few people there despite the bitter weather, and it was certainly a hard round, shot over 8 stands, so most stands were only 4 pairs, with a good mixture of zippy midi type stuff through the trees or slow dropping stuff that's so easy to over lead, a bit of thought required, with loads of cursing and head shaking from a good many of the competitors. :lol:

I started OK with a straight 10, then dropped one zippy midi, then the odd one or two here and there to finish on a 62.

I knew that score would be there or there abouts, but I thought it wasn't quite good enough, sure enough young Ollie Baker came along later and shot a 64 to take High Gun, I got first in AA and picked up £40, but overall, I wasn't too unhappy with the way I shot, let's hope I can continue to maintain some form this year..?? :good::good:

Cat.

Caterham and Court Farm today with my mate john and Biggers at CT.

Had a good card going into the last very easy stand but choked again and dropped 3 easy ones to end on 81/100 which was good enough for Class B win at time of leaving. Not sure if it'll stand though. Still over lead the Rabbits and had a mare on another costing me 10 birds.

Court Farm, had a nightmare on the easiest of all stands, ones that are almost impossible to miss, missed half of them I think. Last two stands we had to guess where to point the barrels as all we could see was the sun directly at head height. You could see the clays leave the trap and then disappear straight into the sun so we just shot at the sun, a waste of time. 76/100 there and 2nd in class as we left.

So, possible £100 of prize money from today if there were no changes after we left. :good:

Caterham and Court Farm today with my mate john and Biggers at CT.

Had a good card going into the last very easy stand but choked again and dropped 3 easy ones to end on 81/100 which was good enough for Class B win at time of leaving.

Results on the web - your second equal - shame about that last stand :good:

I did the 70 bird Reg Sporting at 4 Counties near Newbury........Jeez, was it cold....!!! :good:

There were quite a few people there despite the bitter weather, and it was certainly a hard round, shot over 8 stands, so most stands were only 4 pairs, with a good mixture of zippy midi type stuff through the trees or slow dropping stuff that's so easy to over lead, a bit of thought required, with loads of cursing and head shaking from a good many of the competitors. :lol:

I started OK with a straight 10, then dropped one zippy midi, then the odd one or two here and there to finish on a 62.

I knew that score would be there or there abouts, but I thought it wasn't quite good enough, sure enough young Ollie Baker came along later and shot a 64 to take High Gun, I got first in AA and picked up £40, but overall, I wasn't too unhappy with the way I shot, let's hope I can continue to maintain some form this year..?? :good::good:

Cat.

Good arrows chap :good:

There was a lot of cursing and head shaking at Shugborough too (and not just from me) :yes:

I clocked Brett Winstanley on one of the tougher stands missing a fair few (and you don't see that very often). He didn't look best pleased :yes:

So I beat Bazza today then ? :good:

I cant accept that, theres no rabbits at copfurn and no super high off the cliff driven that i powdered....the 2 hardest clays and i powdered em!!! The rest well....hmmmmmm....obviously not challenging enough to get me fired up!!! The queuing was **** , i very nearly did a mungler and went after 5 stands!!!

How busy was copfurns?