How well did we shoot today? 2010 edition.

Anni

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

you cant judge your shooting on one shoot alone :yes::yes:

only thing i notice is anni is going the wrong way :hmm::hmm:

nice going the mag men :rolleyes::lol::lol:

Proper going the wrong way :rolleyes: Need to have a good mid week practice session instead of just going from registered to registered.

You dont get chance to learn the reason your why your missing :hmm:

I cant accept that, theres no rabbits at copfurn and no super high off the cliff driven that i powdered....the 2 hardest clays and i powdered em!!! The rest well....hmmmmmm....obviously not challenging enough to get me fired up!!! The queuing was **** , i very nearly did a mungler and went after 5 stands!!!

How busy was copfurns?

What the hell are you on about? :rolleyes:

After the whooping I got at Grimsthorpe and the Essex Xmas do at High Lodge with the PW'ers I returned to the safety of trap shooting. I went to Rugby's 3rd UT winter series where I'd already put in a 95 and 92. It was pretty damn cold there, the gent's toilet was frozen solid - nice!

I kicked off with a 19 and was annoyed as all this sporting lark has ruined my concentration. Followed it up with two rounds of 23 and a straight 25 in the fading light for a total of 90, enough to get equal 3rd and £32.50! You'll never be a millionaire shooting trap.

Followed it up with two rounds of 23 and a straight 25 in the fading light for a total of 90, enough to get equal 3rd and £32.50! You'll never be a millionaire shooting trap.

Nice one Phil. You'll never be a millionaire shooting - full stop. In fact it's beginning to make me poor :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Nice one Phil. You'll never be a millionaire shooting - full stop. In fact it's beginning to make me poor :good::lol:

How do you think I feel, been at it thirty three years now and the wife shoots almost as much too. Fortunately she's decided she doesn't want to shoot game any more and that standing in a freezing queue to shoot a sporting layout isn't as pleasurable as standing in a queue to pay for a new handbag or shoes! :P As the old motor racing saying goes 'if you want to end up with a small fortune, start with a big one'! ;)

I did the 70 bird Reg Sporting at 4 Counties near Newbury........Jeez, was it cold....!!! :blink:

It's one of those 'always colder than anywhere else' places, I can remember being there before facing out into the field towards the army depot and freezing my bits off.

Good ground though.

Had a reasonable day shooting down the line on sunday . Shot 500 straight and was pleased with my performance . I was a bit worried about using my self loader as there are trap shooters who frown on them ,so I used an old 24 inch single barrel hammer gun with cylinder bore . Whould have smoked more targets ,but the last 200 I shot one handed and gun down because I was drinking coffee with the other hand .

Have a wonderful season all you old boys and girls and shoot well .

Harnser .

Had a reasonable day shooting down the line on sunday . Shot 500 straight and was pleased with my performance . I was a bit worried about using my self loader as there are trap shooters who frown on them ,so I used an old 24 inch single barrel hammer gun with cylinder bore . Whould have smoked more targets ,but the last 200 I shot one handed and gun down because I was drinking coffee with the other hand .

Have a wonderful season all you old boys and girls and shoot well .

Harnser .

Average shooting chap :D

You're obviously coming on at DTL. Come back and let us know when you reach that magical 550/500 :lol:

Practice practice practice. You know it makes sense :good:

None of the northern boys out today :/

Me, chard and Timps went to worsley for the club comp but it was cancelled :good:

They only had 9 stands on the sporting so we had a bit of a knock around. And then abit of sportrap.

I shot with my new cartridge choice (Eley olympics) and couldnt miss :yes: Makes a change from these complete numpty scores I have been putting in.

Seem to be back on track now so roll on the next registered :yes:

Me, chard and Timps went to worsley for the club comp but it was cancelled :/

They only had 9 stands on the sporting so we had a bit of a knock around. And then abit of sportrap.

I shot with my new cartridge choice (Eley olympics) and couldnt miss :yes: Makes a change from these complete numpty scores I have been putting in.

Seem to be back on track now so roll on the next registered :)

Until you have a bad day :good: you gonna flog me them challengers then or what :yes:

Probably too cold for them, they are a bit soft you know Rob. :lol::lol:

Or Maybe Chard couldn't find the phone number for Streetcars :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Southern shandy drinking handbag :/

Bit of a boring session at Worsley today, though the sportrap was a laugh. A few goodish targets on the few stands that were on :good:

Came away not really feeling like I'd had a proper shoot though :yes: so I'm just agonising over whether to have a look at the registered comps at

either Llandegla or Kingsley Moor tomorrow :yes:

I seem to be in the doghouse at home, so I'm just deciding whether to make it worse by going shooting again or by staying at home and arguing :)

Edited by Chard