How well did we shoot today? 2010 edition.

Anni

I expect I'll go up to AAA :blush:

More chance of seeing a pig flying over the Worsley Clubhouse. :hmm:

Seriously, I do hope all you Northern boys join me in AA, 'cos you're all winning a shed load of dosh at these shoots by sandbagging, it makes me jealous, as I've only got to beat Fauldsy and Diggy every time I go out to get in the money. :good:

Cat.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

More chance of seeing a pig flying over the Worsley Clubhouse. :blush:

Seriously, I do hope all you Northern boys join me in AA, 'cos you're all winning a shed load of dosh at these shoots by sandbagging, it makes me jealous, as I've only got to beat Fauldsy and Diggy every time I go out to get in the money. :hmm:

Cat.

:good: It'll be a few years before I get anywhere near AA class. If I keep shooting like I am at the moment, I'll be in C Class :good:

Went to Thimbleby and instead of just doing the shoot normally, met up with Eric , Ces and Paul and shot everything simultaneous which made it a tad trickier.Ended up with a 77 with one of the traps down which meant for me shooting a nasty incomer off a banking instead of a lovely long crosser. That stand cost me 7 birds but at least i got 18 ex20 on a couple of stands of driven which if i'm honest are not my favorite birds. :blush: Took them all as high crossers, so felt perhaps i cheated a little. A good day and enjoyed the crack. from Auntie. :yes:

Full of a stuffy cold I decided to take a relax jaunt down to Kingsley Moor today; nice to see Claybuster and DSPUK there and know that Ian E also went today too :good:

It was a very good layout with nothing stupid but several seriously testing presentations forcing you to either take targets VERY quickly or shoot one of the pair late if you decided to shoot the other where you were most comfortable. Good stuff and nice to see that a lot of thought had been put into the shoot.

Finished up on a 76; nothing disasterous but definitely unable to concentrate today :hmm:

Shot Flint today, the first 3 stands went quite well then dropped 10 on the last 2 stands <_< finishing on 36, themissus was shooting as well, first time in several months and shot 15, the men of mag were there too young Jay finished on, i think, a 32 well done Jay :yes::yes: and i'm not sure what rob had :hmm:

The wind on the dee was darn cold, that and standing aroubd for 20 mins around 11 o'clock ish did us all in :no:

Top shooting fella's, and as always nice to be shooting with ya :yes: good company :good:

Shot the monthly registered sporting today at Fauxdegla. Met the PW regulars Chard & Timps but did not shoot with them as they were hanging on for beretta who was acting as taxi driver for FlorianO who had flown (via 3 flights) in from Sweden just for this shoot or perhaps the steak sandwiches???

Shoot was quite tough I thought and I let 23 of the damn things fly on unbroken, including all 4 minis thrown overhead from behind :oops::oops::oops: to end on a disappointing (you think I'd be used to it by now!) 77.

The results are already up on the (old) Llandegla website http://www.llandeglashootingground.co.uk/assets/downloads/results/Report-2010-Nov-14-163254.pdf

The sharp eyed will see that PW had it's fair share of success, with beretta winning HG and Timps triumphing in B class. Well shot to those two especially as it started to rain just as I drove off the ground and the PW squad were just starting their first stand :o

Mr Potter

It was our clubs Remembrance Day shoot today, 50 Sporting.

34/50 but was enough to take Group A trophy and 7 points to go towards club championship....

Bloody B class Student shooter beat me with a 36 for 10 points though...lol

shaun

Now then Shaun

who was the b class that stuffed you?

fauxdegla was a bit rainy and cold in the afternoon MrP but we soldiered on till the end by which time it was getting a bit dark. dont think many were really happy with their scores today but i could'nt grumble i suppose. :blush: will have to shoot round with you again sometime.

florian arrived home around midnight via another 3 planes, now thats keen :o :o :o

Full of a stuffy cold I decided to take a relax jaunt down to Kingsley Moor today; nice to see Claybuster and DSPUK there and know that Ian E also went today too :good:

It was a very good layout with nothing stupid but several seriously testing presentations forcing you to either take targets VERY quickly or shoot one of the pair late if you decided to shoot the other where you were most comfortable. Good stuff and nice to see that a lot of thought had been put into the shoot.

Finished up on a 76; nothing disasterous but definitely unable to concentrate today :hmm:

That was not a bad score Nick as you said there was one or two tricky stands (car park) which you could easy miss 2 or 3 before you knew it. I finished on 87 but have been shooting consitantly around thies score for the last few weeks now.

One of the Worsley boy's told me they have got the ground approved for reg shoots and they will be holding them soon so keep us informed :good::good::good:

That was not a bad score Nick as you said there was one or two tricky stands (car park) which you could easy miss 2 or 3 before you knew it. I finished on 87 but have been shooting consitantly around thies score for the last few weeks now.

One of the Worsley boy's told me they have got the ground approved for reg shoots and they will be holding them soon so keep us informed :good::good::good:

Well done on the 87 Keith :good: Just looked at your scores and you've been consistently there for a few months now :good:

Worsley is well on the way to becoming approved again and i believe that David is planning on holding some registered shoots in early 2011. Don't think that he's limiting himself to just ESP comps though as there are now four Compak layouts plus DTL, Skeet and ABT :hmm:

Edited by Nicky T

I quite enjoyed shooting fauxdegla (I won the princely sum of £15) I was not keen on the weather though, it did not put me off, but it took me most of the night to warm up again.

I made some silly mistakes, like smashing 2 clays late after the tree and then deciding to miss the next 2 early in front of the tree for some stupid reason & not using maintained lead on a target I could easily hit using it and easily miss using pull away. The overhead mini was my bogey target.

I enjoyed shooting with our squad, I definitely lean a lot from watching Beretta shoot, Florian made me smile & chard, well I suppose I cannot have it all. :lol::D

Joe told me they were thinking of doing a few all rounds at Worsley last time I spoke to him.

I quite enjoyed shooting fauxdegla (I won the princely sum of £15) I was not keen on the weather though, it did not put me off, but it took me most of the night to warm up again.

I made some silly mistakes, like smashing 2 clays late after the tree and then deciding to miss the next 2 early in front of the tree for some stupid reason & not using maintained lead on a target I could easily hit using it and easily miss using pull away. The overhead mini was my bogey target.

I enjoyed shooting with our squad, I definitely lean a lot from watching Beretta shoot, Florian made me smile & chard, well I suppose I cannot have it all. :lol::D

Joe told me they were thinking of doing a few all rounds at Worsley last time I spoke to him.

<_< Tart