How well did we shoot today? 2010 edition.

Anni

Some good shooting there:good: nice to see the form coming back.Well done Nicky too :good:

I entered the fitasc at Woolley today,a great selection of targets,ref's were spot on and even the weather was kind.

Well done Keith and everyone involved :good::yes:

Azzurri.

I though you'd have been at Rufforth today, I was shooting with your rabble :good:

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

First shoot in many weeks today at our local skeet shoot.

Spent the first 2 hours repairing both traps as know one else there knows how to :no: , then just about managed to get 3 rounds in before it got too dark. A 20 :no: a 21 :hmm: and the only 25 of the day :good:

Edited by KenG

I really used to enjoy allround,a break might make it interesting again :no::lol::lol: I hope my mates blinded you with a fantastic display of allround shooting skill ? :yes::no:

Azzurri.

Possibly, possibly not! I don't know how they normally score so couldn't comment on whether they had a good day! One of them did an 83, as did I. I shot really bad on the DTL and ABT and then missed a complete pair on the skeet. :oops: I never seem to shoot well there, I might just keep away in future <_< I did go on to Marne and win that with 54/60 so ended the day happy after a bit of a sulk :yes:

Possibly, possibly not! I don't know how they normally score so couldn't comment on whether they had a good day! One of them did an 83, as did I. I shot really bad on the DTL and ABT and then missed a complete pair on the skeet. :oops: I never seem to shoot well there, I might just keep away in future <_< I did go on to Marne and win that with 54/60 so ended the day happy after a bit of a sulk :yes:

A good result in the end :good:

Azzurri.

Had a pleasant stroll round Worsley today with Ainsley and Tony J; 86 for me, 73 for Tony and 64 i think for Ains :good:

Finished up with a round of DTL, just to make us appreciate sporting all the more and shot a 24 - the one that got away :oops:

Well shot Nick, I see the scores are up for shuggy looks like you finished 3rd in B class m8. :good::yes:

I see the new classifications are up on the CPSA site also, looks like I just managed to stay in AA with 86.1% :yes::yes:

Picked up a 2nd (69) again at Kingsly moor yesterday, some really nasty birds edge-on 40 yard plus stuff and some floppers n droppers.

Results

Fair play to A.Swaine with a 79 in C Class almost beat all the A class shooters.. :good: :look:

Also well done to the ground staff for keeping things moving smoothly in very cold conditions, it was -8 when I got there ! and plenty of the white stuff on the floor.

I won't mention Catton on the way home, EPIC fail :/

Edited by Ian E

Picked up a 2nd (69) again at Kingsly moor yesterday, some really nasty birds edge-on 40 yard plus stuff and some floppers n droppers.

Results

Fair play to A.Swaine with a 79 in C Class almost beat all the A class shooters.. :good: :look:

Also well done to the ground staff for keeping things moving smoothly in very cold conditions, it was -8 when I got there ! and plenty of the white stuff on the floor.

I won't mention Catton on the way home, EPIC fail :/

Ian,

Catton Hall class winners are on their website now. http://cattonhall.co.uk/site/1/news.html?&nv_item=117

So looking at the scores it was a tougher shoot than normal, don't know what the entry was but I suspect it wasn't as many as usual. I shot quite well in the woods but then had four stands in a row with 3 away <_<:oops::no::hmm: , finished on an 80 and very surprisingly got jnt 2nd in A.

Looking at those Kingsley Moor results, only 53 entries in total and 19 (36%) of those were birds only. I wouldn't hold your breath for a payout in C class, there were only 5 competition entries so at a fiver a head the prize fund will be £25, not much to split anymore than one way!

This seems to be the way things are going more, and more people entering birds only for whatever reason recession etc. As I've said before I'm of the opinion that competition entry concentrates the mind and I'm not a fan of B/O, for what it's worth I think the CPSA should drop the "birds only" option but that ground owners should reduce the competition element from the current average of £5 to £4, with all shooters in the pot so to speak the prize money should go up. As an example Kingsley Moor's competition entry on Sunday was £170 (34x£5), under the new system at £4 the prize fund would have been £212. I suppose 1% or 2% might not shoot or drive onto their nearest straw baler (but the only non registered shoot I've been to this year didn't offer a B/O option!!!) but they'll be back I'm sure, grumbling but still shooting.

Hey Ho only five days till next Sunday

Mr Potter

Iam sure the very bad weather did help matters yesterday esp up at Kingsly moor, it was a lot worse up there then at Catton, regarding numbers.

I know I won't get paid out for a second, I didn't for the time before and there were many more people there then.

BTW Mr Boyd is in A class now, but best not mention that as you won't get your pay out :)

Iam sure the very bad weather did help matters yesterday esp up at Kingsly moor, it was a lot worse up there then at Catton, regarding numbers.

I know I won't get paid out for a second, I didn't for the time before and there were many more people there then.

BTW Mr Boyd is in A class now, but best not mention that as you won't get your pay out :)

Not till Wednesday Ian, the new classifications don't take effect until the 1st December so my couple of quid is safe :yes::yes:

Am going to Kingsley on 12th - my brother says that the last couple of times he's been there's been too many edge on birds.Apparently Graham Stirzaker had a go at them a couple of weeks ago & guess what? He told my bro at Catton last Sunday that there were still plenty of edgers having shot there first. If it's like that on the 12th I won't bother again & will stick to Weston Wood, Westfield, Kibworth & Longridge & others that put proper targets on which show themselves. That's what I reckon anyway...

Regards rolo

Kingsly puts a good mixture of birds on I feel, there some really easy stuff that you shouldn't miss that even a beginner could take on, and theres some tuff stuff in there to sort out the AA & A class shooters.

If they were all "easy" there wouldn't be any sport in it, nor would you learn anything, if you take a look at the Kingsly results above Graham didn't shoot it, so unless he had inside info, Iam not sure how he could comment on it..

Looking at the scores I would say catton was the harder shoot.

Kingsly puts a good mixture of birds on I feel, there some really easy stuff that you shouldn't miss that even a beginner could take on, and theres some tuff stuff in there to sort out the AA & A class shooters.

If they were all "easy" there wouldn't be any sport in it, nor would you learn anything, if you take a look at the Kingsly results above Graham didn't shoot it, so unless he had inside info, Iam not sure how he could comment on it..

Looking at the scores I would say catton was the harder shoot.

Especially as everyone is keeping so quiet about scores <_< <_< :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :P

:hmm: :hmm: :hmm:

Never shot it but do tell :yes:

I got 72 :blush:

Timps got 74 and Mr Potter got 80 :good:

It was tough but not silly. I got off to a disastrous start down by the gate and ****** up the first 2 or 3 stands, then shot really well over most of the rest of it, especially up in the woods and the wooden tower stand :good:

Mr Boyd got 85 :lol:

I think you'd have shot most of it OK, Rob :good:

Edited by Chard

It was tough but not silly. I got off to a disastrous start down by the gate and ****** up the first 2 or 3 stands, then shot really well over most of the rest of it, especially up in the woods and the wooden tower stand :good:

72? B Class beckons :hmm::P

Catton could do with a pool shoot just to get you in the swing :yes:

Catton could do with a pool shoot just to get you in the swing :yes:

Yes, I was thinking that on Sunday. I was much better after a couple of stands, but too late then :P

Results are on CPSA website now. Certainly tougher than usual. A lot of people lower than their usual effort for Catton. :rolleyes: