How well did we shoot today? 2010 edition.

Anni

Lost the will to live at Copfurn today.

Tons of people, queues and intermittent traps made for a frustrating 7 stands - until we gave up.

Took ME junior today. First time he shot clays (9 years old) and hit three with his 410. He was talking about it the whole way home and cant wait till next week. I think that this is gonna start getting expensive :angry:

Good news is that ME Jnr runs a £1 per swear fine system, he went home having had a shoot, two cups of tea, a KitKat, a bacon and sausage roll and £4.00 in swear money - which was about 1% of what it should have been :angry::P

EDIT: Gonna have to introduce ME jnr to Magboy, he will get bored counting / lose count with Magboys swearing ! :lol:

Edited by ME

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lost the will to live at Copfurn today.

Tons of people, queues and intermittent traps made for a frustrating 7 stands - until we gave up.

Took ME junior today. First time he shot clays (9 years old) and hit three with his 410. He was talking about it the whole way home and cant wait till next week. I think that this is gonna start getting expensive :angry:

Good news is that ME Jnr runs a £1 per swear fine system, he went home having had a shoot, two cups of tea, a KitKat, a bacon and sausage roll and £4.00 in swear money - which was about 1% of what it should have been :angry::P

EDIT: Gonna have to introduce ME jnr to Magboy, he will get bored counting / lose count with Magboys swearing ! :lol:

Jeez if ME-JNR comes shooting with us he will have to accept credit cards

Yep,

I was out with ME, ME junior and flashman this morning, I too lost the will to live and only shot half the course. After queueing at every stand only to have it break down or run out of clays when it was our turn to shoot. It took over two hours just to get to the 6th stand (out of 10). I just couldn't face another hour and a half to shoot the rest.

It was great to see a youngster on his first time shooting break some fairly hard birds, especially a long crosser, a BIG cheer went up from the audience when he hit that one.

Shot the registered comp at Shugborough today with Anni.

Weather was clear and sunny, a bit cold.

Scores on the doors :

Chard - 77 :angry:

Anni - 69 :good:

Some quite generous scorers there today, to be honest. I think I got given 2 or 3 that I didn't deserve :angry: And Anni might have been given 1 as well :good:

Might be making a bit of progress at this ground at last. This is my 5th visit for registered comps - 70, 72, 72, 69, 77(ish) :lol:

Wasn't that easy today, think I shot it better than usual. Saw Zippo there, he seemed to start off well and started losing wheels later on, not sure what he ended up on.

I was leading B Class when we left, but that won't last, there'll be several B Class well into the 80's :P

Well shot chaps :angry:

Took ME junior today. First time he shot clays (9 years old) and hit three with his 410. He was talking about it the whole way home and cant wait till next week. I think that this is gonna start getting expensive

Well done young Me :good: keep on with it and remember dads not allowed to go if you arn't :good:

Southdown registered today, although I shouldn't have with the week I've had. 61/100 12 stands and only 6 scorers, didn't work very well. Dropped 14 on two stands and gave up after that after half way round, then spent the rest of the round seeing how early I could hit birds after I had the first pair 'properly'.

Hopefully back to regular sleep patterns this week and back on form for Sunday. Going to bed now.

It was great to see a youngster on his first time shooting break some fairly hard birds, especially a long crosser, a BIG cheer went up from the audience when he hit that one.

And yes, ME took the crowd's reaction quite well, given that he has been shooting a bit longer than most would otherwise think.

I went round with Bagsy, Markio, Bazzer and Dave; fortunately due to our superior "course management skills" we got round all ten stands and were well stuck in at the tea wagon before seeing Team B slink back to base after throwing the towel in having been well and truly bested by 7 stands of Copfurn's finest clays :angry:

Hopefully back to regular sleep patterns this week and back on form for Sunday. Going to bed now.

"Lack of sleep" :good: That excuse is copyright of Evil Elvis. You'll have to do better than that Pete. Try getting bunk beds rather than "top and tailing" with your brother.

Edited by ME

Southdown registered today, although I shouldn't have with the week I've had. 61/100 12 stands and only 6 scorers, didn't work very well. Dropped 14 on two stands and gave up after that after half way round, then spent the rest of the round seeing how early I could hit birds after I had the first pair 'properly'.

Must be really depressing that after 20 years of shooting clays you are slowing slipping back to C class after reaching the dizzy heights of.............

B class :good::):lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah, it looks like we have a new contender in 2010 for who can dream up the most excuses why they can't hit clays. :good:

Cat.

Tres drole monsieur Chat ! :)

"Les Freres Excuse" ?!!!! ou peut etre "Pierre de la Excuse" ?!!!

Edited by ME

For those that know him big Scott won JJs today with a straight.

Top stuff :good:

Shooting by numbers.

Same targets every week.

Well done to him for having very little imagination. He is truly a BIG fish in a very small.....quarry pit...

Getting a straight anywhere is hard - concentration and all that.

The targets at JJS ain't gimmies mind you either. Fair play to the fella, he could go places if he wanted to joint he CPSA and put 30k miles on his car and win a net of about 2 bob :good:

Mung,

If you went there every week you could do that, You would be very bored but your could do that.

Scott B will never know the dedication it took you to straight BIG Al's !!! :)

Repetition, repetition,. repetition. I am sorry but I dont think that he has achieved anything except the respect of the people who run it and their retirement fund..

Edited by ME