How well did we shoot today? 2010 edition.

Anni

Results are on CPSA site for Shugborough on Sunday, they're getting quicker ???

http://www.cpsa.co.uk/scores/fixtures/38/46548

Looks like I was joint first in B Class, that should earn me about 48p ;)

Well done to our Claybuster Keef on 84 :D Great shooting chap. I saw you having your breakfast in the tea hut, but never clocked you out on the course.

It was won with 92, how do these blokes do it? ;) Fantastic score for a course like that :D

Edited by Chard

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done to our Claybuster Keef on 84 :D Great shooting chap. I saw you having your breakfast in the tea hut, but never clocked you out on the course.

It was won with 92, how do these blokes do it? ;) Fantastic score for a course like that :D

Nice one Chard :D

Looks like there were a heck of a lot of people shooting the comp that day!

Edited by Nicky T

loadsamoney.jpg

Results are on CPSA site for Shugborough on Sunday, they're getting quicker :lol:

Looks like I was joint first in B Class, that should earn me about 48p :lol:

Well done to our Claybuster Keef on 84 :lol: Great shooting chap. I saw you having your breakfast in the tea hut, but never clocked you out on the course.

It was won with 92, how do these blokes do it? :lol: Fantastic score for a course like that :yes:

Well shot Chard, looking at the scores that was a much tougher shoot than usual so that's a double well done :good::good: .

I know the guy who won it, he puts some miles in clay shooting, he lives on Anglesey and sets out on Sundays whilst most of us are still in the arms of Morpheus. But take heart, this is his first year in AA class, I think he did 2 years in A and was a B class shot before that. So I know he's a bit younger than us but at least he's not some young kid or even worse a ****** student.

There could be some good news though, he and I share surname and initial so if he hasn't picked up his winnings all I need to do is get to Shugborough early for the next shoot and pick up A Jones's winnings :hmm::hmm: Only joking, I've already collected it :lol::lol:

I have been offered his winnings at a shoot, when I booked in and gave my name the woman behind the desk handed me the usual little brown envelope and said well done, it actually took me a minute to work out that it wasn't for me as I hadn't checked the scores that month.

Mr Potter

aka not really Mr Potter

Well shot Chard, looking at the scores that was a much tougher shoot than usual so that's a double well done :lol::lol: .

I know the guy who won it, he puts some miles in clay shooting, he lives on Anglesey and sets out on Sundays whilst most of us are still in the arms of Morpheus. But take heart, this is his first year in AA class, I think he did 2 years in A and was a B class shot before that. So I know he's a bit younger than us but at least he's not some young kid or even worse a ****** student.

There could be some good news though, he and I share surname and initial so if he hasn't picked up his winnings all I need to do is get to Shugborough early for the next shoot and pick up A Jones's winnings :good::good: Only joking, I've already collected it :hmm::hmm:

I have been offered his winnings at a shoot, when I booked in and gave my name the woman behind the desk handed me the usual little brown envelope and said well done, it actually took me a minute to work out that it wasn't for me as I hadn't checked the scores that month.

Mr Potter

aka not really Mr Potter

Cheers Mr P. I didn't think it was much tougher than usual, but I agree, looking at some of the scores, I think it probably was :yes:

Now then, are you slacking? I see you haven't shot a registered shoot since Kegworth. I hope you're not getting like these ******* students - lying in bed all day, over-sexed, hairy palms and stained underpants :lol:

Are you going to Kingsley Moor on Sunday or Catton Hall. Incidentally, IanE told me that Catton Hall aren't holding registered shoots any more. What's all that about? Not another Northern ground falling foul of the CPSA, surely :lol:

Cheers Mr P. I didn't think it was much tougher than usual, but I agree, looking at some of the scores, I think it probably was :good:

Now then, are you slacking? I see you haven't shot a registered shoot since Kegworth. I hope you're not getting like these ******* students - lying in bed all day, over-sexed, hairy palms and stained underpants :lol:

Are you going to Kingsley Moor on Sunday or Catton Hall. Incidentally, IanE told me that Catton Hall aren't holding registered shoots any more. What's all that about? Not another Northern ground falling foul of the CPSA, surely :lol:

Your spot on Chard, I hadn't realised it was Kegworth since my last registered shoot. I haven't been lying in bed though (I don't think you've met my missus) I have only missed one Sunday, the 10th, through snow/ice but I have shot non registered shoots either as practice (Blackpool) or N/R comps (Mick Nickleson's shoot nr Carnforth - Withets) + some (keep your voice down) straw bale shoots, 50 birds, mark your own, win a plastic cup :lol::lol:

Went up to Withets before Xmas and got Jnt 1st in the Open comp with a 45 x 50 ESP but this last Sunday was a 100 All Round and I'd never shot an all round comp before. Disaster, 15x25 ABT, 20x25 DTL, 20x25 Skeet & 23x25 Sporting. Total 78 x 100 I was miles away from a decent score, I was the only one on my squad less than 90. Didn't particularly enjoy the tarp disciplines but still was extremely disappointed with my performance.

As for Catton Hall's monthly shoots not being registered anymore, well I've not heard that but it doesn't surprise me in the least. I know they have had no support and nothing but grief from the CPSA and I'm surprised they have stuck it out this long. We just need to hope that they keep getting enough entries to continue with their monthly comps as I still think they present some of the best targets in the North of England. If it is true I think that is the end of registered shoots in Cheshire, this is a worrying trend, established, big, well run & equipped grounds either not holding regular registered competitions (Coniston) or even worse not holding comps at all (Blackpool, Kelbrook, NWSS and many others) They are still open and thriving due entirely to the corporate business. Can't see an end to it, lets hope it doesn't spread to the West Midlands.

Mr Potter

PS I'll be at Catton on Sunday

Your spot on Chard, I hadn't realised it was Kegworth since my last registered shoot. I haven't been lying in bed though (I don't think you've met my missus) I have only missed one Sunday, the 10th, through snow/ice but I have shot non registered shoots either as practice (Blackpool) or N/R comps (Mick Nickleson's shoot nr Carnforth - Withets) + some (keep your voice down) straw bale shoots, 50 birds, mark your own, win a plastic cup :lol::lol:

Went up to Withets before Xmas and got Jnt 1st in the Open comp with a 45 x 50 ESP but this last Sunday was a 100 All Round and I'd never shot an all round comp before. Disaster, 15x25 ABT, 20x25 DTL, 20x25 Skeet & 23x25 Sporting. Total 78 x 100 I was miles away from a decent score, I was the only one on my squad less than 90. Didn't particularly enjoy the tarp disciplines but still was extremely disappointed with my performance.

As for Catton Hall's monthly shoots not being registered anymore, well I've not heard that but it doesn't surprise me in the least. I know they have had no support and nothing but grief from the CPSA and I'm surprised they have stuck it out this long. We just need to hope that they keep getting enough entries to continue with their monthly comps as I still think they present some of the best targets in the North of England. If it is true I think that is the end of registered shoots in Cheshire, this is a worrying trend, established, big, well run & equipped grounds either not holding regular registered competitions (Coniston) or even worse not holding comps at all (Blackpool, Kelbrook, NWSS and many others) They are still open and thriving due entirely to the corporate business. Can't see an end to it, lets hope it doesn't spread to the West Midlands.

Mr Potter

PS I'll be at Catton on Sunday

This is my gripe about the CPSA. People whine about the CPSA for all sorts of reasons, but my problem with them is that they seem to be going out of their way to ensure that grounds stop holding registered shoots. They should be supporting grounds and encouraging participation, not putting obstacles in the way. I saw the letter that Worsley got when they were deregistered and I can only describe their attitude as ****. They should now eat some humble pie and get back round to these grounds, like Worsley, Catton Hall and Blackpool and grovel till they start hosting these comps again. It all stems from their attitude that they're doing the sport a favour just by being there and expecting ground owners to bow and scrape :lol:

If it is true I think that is the end of registered shoots in Cheshire, this is a worrying trend, established, big, well run & equipped grounds either not holding regular registered competitions (Coniston) or even worse not holding comps at all (Blackpool, Kelbrook, NWSS and many others)

I'm starting to seriously think about giving up with the CPSA as travelling 100 mile round trip to shoot just adds to the cost .

Something needs doing and quick :lol:

I'm starting to seriously think about giving up with the CPSA as travelling 100 mile round trip to shoot just adds to the cost .

Something needs doing and quick :lol:

Rob,

The situation is exactly the same in Essex, there isn't a single registered ESP shoot that I know of. Even the Essex team selection shoots are held in Suffolk and Sussex.

So much for the CPSA promoting clay shooting :lol: :lol:

Rob,

The situation is exactly the same in Essex, there isn't a single registered ESP shoot that I know of. Even the Essex team selection shoots are held in Suffolk and Sussex.

So much for the CPSA promoting clay shooting :lol: :lol:

I'm starting to see where you Essex boys are coming from now about the CPSA :lol: