1st time Wildfowling

garyb

Can you bring a spare pair of them warm socks then please?

I can get you a pair for £6.99 if you want. Or get yourself to a garden centre and they are selling Town and Country Fleece boot sox at the moment. They are the dogs danglies.

I'll check out the bay and see if they are doing them on there and I'll post a link

These are the ones I have

Edited by MC

You must have been just behind me on the m25!!!

I saw the two canadas drop! Very well taken!! (quickly)

I was up on the main gully (straight ahead from you guys.)

Agreed! The sights and sounds of the marsh waking up are ace!!! So many birds about this morning!!!!

Was very glad when it was attempted to snow, that it didnt!!! lol

:rolleyes: I can also recommend Danny (Crouch Valley) and co. for a productive mornings wildfowling! Great Guys!! :lol:

I can get you a pair for £6.99 if you want. Or get yourself to a garden centre and they are selling Town and Country Fleece boot sox at the moment. They are the dogs danglies.

I'll check out the bay and see if they are doing them on there and I'll post a link

These are the ones I have

Mange tout mon braves - Bonnet de douche

Julio...

Sid "got lost" driving to the farm, I kid you not! After god knows how many years he's made the journey!, anyway he turned up after lunch... I still reckon he was visiting one of the "girls" at South Mimms :rolleyes:

Not half as much fun today chaps, neither were there, nor the low bird blatter (I'll leave you to guess which one, but you should get it in three). 16 pheasants shot plus one woodcock. I heard about last week's episode though but not about Sid - unbelievable!

Not half as much fun today chaps, neither were there, nor the low bird blatter (I'll leave you to guess which one, but you should get it in three). 16 pheasants shot plus one woodcock. I heard about last week's episode though but not about Sid - unbelievable!

Mike :rolleyes:

What was the score last week? Any of my birds shot on either day?

SS

Today, I finally got to add a new line in my gamebook, something which, I've wanted to do for a very long time..

Try my hand at Wildfowling!

3 of us Departed Herts @ 05:00hrs this morning, just as the snow was starting to fall! we we're heading for Essex, where we would be met by "crouch valley" & "Fatcatsplat" from this very forum...

We we're shown to our "pegs".. for want of a better phrase and I took shelter from the biting cold against the cover, with the semi auto ready (of which I was kindly lent by NickBeardo) My super 20bore wasn't going to be enough gun for today's action...!

It was totally pitch black, yet all around me I could make out the calls of Ducks, Geese and other waterfowl in the distance.. It wasn't long before the dark sky was filled with the sound of gunfire from further across the marsh, when suddenly my friends who we're just to the left of me - Matt & Charlie, got stuck into the 3,000 MPH Teal that we're racing past them!

The boy's dropped a couple of nice birds, just as I swung Beardo's Beretta into the darkness to also drop a cracking high Teal in front

With me safely off the mark, I quickly added 2 Canada's to the bag - when 6 or so quartered in left to right. They we're both dropped cleanly onto the bank!

Here's a few pics... Sadly due to the ice, we were not able to safely work the dogs as well as would have been liked, so a couple of the bag went

unaccounted for :blink:

Total between the 3 of us was..

Teal - 2

Canada Geese - 4

WoodPigeon! - 1

FatCatSplat - how did you get on?

P1020476.JPG

P1020485.JPG

P1020494.JPG

P1020506.JPG

Yes the sound of gun fire was coming from myself and my friend lou we ended up with about 9 teal and two widgeon on a different marsh in about 1 and half hours, before we had to get back and get ready to pick other peoples ducks and geese up for them. I think i had to cross the mud flats to pick up a goose that had been shot by garyb because the dog could'nt pick the goose up due to the suction in the mud. Anyway glad a good time was had by all look forward to the next one be it with the gun or just the dog.