PW Running Count for Grey Squirrel Kills 2010

webber

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks to webber for reminding me to add my total/s totally forgot .. spoke with 2 other rangers i work with and our total for this year is 725 but maybe one or two to add from today as i know one of the lads is after a couple that have turned up at his feeding area .

so 725 to add to total

Three more for me this morning with the air rifle to round off my year. The last one was probably my best shot of the whole year; 35 yds head shot knocked it straight off the branch, stone dead by the time it hit the floor. What made it so remarkable is that I had seen it coming, predicted that it would run down the hawthorn hedgerow to my right where I would only have a minimal chance at about 12 yds range as it threaded through the hawthorns. I had wound the magnification back to around 4X to gove me a good view at that sort of range and then it stopped on a branch, 35 yds away, clear of any twigs, but boy did it look small in the crosshairs. It's the bottom one in the photo.

So, that's 2087

2squirrels.jpg

A record year.

Many thanks to all PW members who have taken part.

Please keep up the good work and help to protect our native Red Squirrel and its habitat.

Please record your 2011 Grey Squirrel kills on the new running count.

webber