gun cabinet choices

stu_young

It means they are short so the barrels and stock go in separately. Avoid if at all possible.

Buy the biggest you can find and fit in the space, guns are addictive. That's why so many 3 gun cabinets come up on here!

Nothing wrong with a second hand cabinet - not much to go wrong, save your money and get a bigger, 2nd hand full hight one - if I was you!

Don't bother with a breakdown cabinet - you'll find one way or another that the as yet undiscovered gun of your dreams won't fit in it, and once you have bought it and bolted it to your wall, it will be the wrong one and will need changing.

Also my top tip is to get one with an integral locking top box for when the FAC bug bites you.

Also one with a digital lock is a good idea - ease of access and not having a gazillion large keys on your key ring.

I went through 3 cabinets before ending up with a Buffalo River 14 gun jobby with digital lock. I think they do them in smaller sizes 6/8 gun - last time I saw them stocked was in the gun shop at High Lodge.

Problem is, when you are starting out and trying not to spend money on "incidentals" you will do what everyone else does and that's buy the wrong one, then buy one that's too small and then end up chopping and changing up until you do buy.......