Feeding times

dead-eye-dick

I have noticed birds seem to feed early in the morning, then fly around paying little interest in anything or sitting around, till around 11.00

feed until 12.00 dissapper until 2.00 then slowly make their way to the roosting wood... ;)  :)

Not great for decoying,  still in largish flocks around "my" fields

How are you finding it... :C  :what:  :what:  :C

I would agree with Cranfield.

At the moment the birds seem to feed twice during the relatively short days - First thing then arround mid day until about 2pm they seem to be at their most active.  I've kept pretty accurate records of everydays shooting this winter and this seems to ring true from mid November until now.  We are starting to get a few more birds feeding later in the day.

Tommorrow morning I will arrive at my chosen field at 6.40 am and hope to be set up and in the hide by 7.15 -7.25 at the latest.

The birds are arriving to feed as early as 7.30 especially while its cold and clear.  I have seen them leaving the roost wood at 7.20 this week.

I find that first hours shooting will put up to 30-40 more birds in the bag on a good day.  This is far more successful than leaving the birds to feed for an hour at this time of year.

If its very mild you will find the birds are not as early to arrive because they are not as eager to feed.