AMERICAN EAGLE .223 HP?

Frank

Let us know how you go with it Frank, I am looking to get a .223 later this month (maybe as early as next Friday :blink: ) so I will interested in the results. My mate shoots American Eagle through an ar15 (with a match barrel, trigger etc) and the results can only be described as very average at best..

As always it seems to be horses for courses, I have heard dozens of people rave about PPU ammo so I have tried it twice now in my 6.5 SE and I can't get it to group at all, I am off to the range next Saturday so I will give the remaining 30 or so I have another go. If they are still **** it is back to good old Federal Classics - £1 a bang, but at least they go where you point them :lol:

If I get organised enough I will take some foties of the grouping for both PPU and Feds for comparison....

Hi Stuart,

I will let you know how i get on with them as soon as i get some.

I have to travel to the north of Ireland to get them.

In order for me to do that, i have to get a visitors permit and a mate is sponsering me.

The only ammo i have at present for the .223 is sako 55 grain SP and Remington FMJ 55 grain, for target practice.

I have been offerd dead cheap military ball ammo for the range, but am cuatious about using them in my CZ bolt action rifle, as they are ment to be dangerouse? :blink:. Only ment for semi-auto weapons, because of the high pressure.

Goon luck Stuart with your .223 when youn get it, you wont be disapointed. :lol:

What make are you getting?

Frank

I'm a great believer you get what you pay for where ammo is concerned.Last week at the gun shop American Eagle was £8.50 per box ,,,,,,,,,,Federal v-shok Nosler ballistic tip were £19.50 per box ,,,,,,,,,,,,,yes they are expensive .....but your not intending regular target shooting with them but using them for fox control.

Give these babies a go if you want consistant long range accurracy as i'm aware you can't load your own as yet. Yes i know what suits one gun probably won't suit another but i.ve only heard good reports about these and i for one is well impressed .

Cheers Ive