EasyHit - The fibre optic foresight

Bobba

They are first class. I have the Ruby version - identical, but £10 cheaper. They are ideal for checking gun fit. The design only lets you see the sight when your head is in the right position. When I am actually shooting - I don't see the sight, but it sorts your barrel position when looking at a clay. Got one on four guns - I previously had the Easyhit versions.

A good friend sells the Ruby version - post paid. PM me for his address - it's another forum.

I am left eye dominate but right handed, fitted an easy hit bead whilst at a lesson earlier this year with a BASC Coach, the one quoted in the add.

Very very simple idea but one that works a treat. I now shoot with both eyes open and my hit rate has risen.

Very happy to recommend.

Thank you one and all for such a positive response. Before venturing forth with a purchase I would welcome advice on the following:

I have a Miroku 20 bore O/U. When I had it multi-choked by Nigel Teague we refined the fitting of the gun as it seemed I was not looking fully along the top of the barrel. My natural position meant that i was looking just left of centre - about 5 to 12 o'clock. Nigel has put a slight cast / bend in the stock so the natural position means I am now looking straight along tha barrel.

My Q is whether this work has any relevance to the use of the fibre optic sight? Or, whether the eye dominance issue occurs irrespective of the cast in the stock?

Many thanks

Bob

I have been using one for a few months and it's made a huge difference.

I have cross dominance which was causing me all sorts of problems with crossers.

Definitely worth the £30 IMO.

It took a few hundred cartridges to get used to.

Jon.

Iv had good n bad reports on the easyhit/ruby beads,I pondered mounting the 71mm low green on a 9 shot benelli M1 Iv been using to master parkerizing (more for aesthetic reasons than alignment correction) sadly it has been brought to my attention from the vast majority that yes they do put your chops/eye in the right place but the combined size and illumination works to draw the eye off the target and onto the bead. as you no doubt aware your eye should be on the target at all times with the rib and bead forming little more than the frame of the `sight picture `...

i do still rate them and they do what they say on the tin but be aware that they can work to draw the eye away from the target

if yer looking for just improving the bead i can mention the following enuff

browning hi viz bird buster

14 quid

get them online from deepbluedive.com the then product search it

fits on all my shotguns and choice of colour and shape for beads....changeable in seconds,

improved my shooting

sauer

• 4 weeks later...
I saw an advert for this product in the quarterly BASC magazine. It hit the curiosity grey cells.

Does anyone have experience (good or bad) of using this product?

Thank you

Bob

Hi,

I tried a gun fitted with the product at the game fair last year, the bloke who was selling them said they were no good for me. He was so bothered about selling he didn't have time to say why, and moved onto some body else. I tried it at a clay shooting school and it did help my hit rate!

In my oppinion try them and see what you think, only £30..... got to be worth a try.

Just don't expect any advice of the people who sell them lol.

Just bought one to try, I have problems with eye dominance - I use my right eye and that's the one that comes up as dominant whatever test you try BUT my left can't be far behind it - I can see two images if I use both eyes which leaves me closing my left and, in turn, "rifling"

Fingers crossed though, I'll let you know how I get on.

I saw an advert for this product in the quarterly BASC magazine. It hit the curiosity grey cells.

Does anyone have experience (good or bad) of using this product?

Thank you

Bob

I've got one fantastic (in green ) as they say the red one is manly for clays :oops: but my dad has the red and its just as good :lol:

Thank you one and all for such a positive response. Before venturing forth with a purchase I would welcome advice on the following:

I have a Miroku 20 bore O/U. When I had it multi-choked by Nigel Teague we refined the fitting of the gun as it seemed I was not looking fully along the top of the barrel. My natural position meant that i was looking just left of centre - about 5 to 12 o'clock. Nigel has put a slight cast / bend in the stock so the natural position means I am now looking straight along tha barrel.

My Q is whether this work has any relevance to the use of the fibre optic sight? Or, whether the eye dominance issue occurs irrespective of the cast in the stock?

Many thanks

Bob

Having posted this Q here I thought I would also ask Easyhit. The exchange of emails was beneficial. So congratulations to to Graham of Easyhit for his interest in my query and taking time out to correspond. For those interested his response is below:

"The answer to your question is both yes and no.

Executive summary: Eye dominance will always affect your shooting if you shoot with both eyes open unless your eye is perfectly and permanently aligned to the rib.

Two accepted facts need to be understood. Firstly, your brain dictates where your eye dominance point sits on a line drawn between your right and left eye. This is the point where your aim starts and is not linked to the position of your eyes. Secondly, if you have ‘weak eye dominance’ that eye dominance point can be corrected by simply mounting the gun in your shoulder. In all my testing I have never found eye dominance to be made worse by mounting the gun. However, weak eye dominance correction in this way is nearly 100% likely to be affected by any degree of fatigue (tiredness, dehydration, mild diabetes etc) and the correction effect will be eroded the more fatigued that you get.

Should the person ‘fitting’ your gun not be aware of ‘gun mounted’ eye dominance correction they are likely to fit your gun to the point they identify during the fitting process. If you indeed have ‘weak’ eye dominance this is likely to change when you are in the field as any degree of fatigue sets in. This will undermine the work done to align the barrels during the gun fitting process.

The Bead is guaranteed to correct the effect of imperfect eye dominance and bring your eye dominance perfectly and permanently in line with the eye aligned to the rib. A review of your gun fitting, including casting of course, is always worth considering as most off the shelf guns will be designed to fit Mr average"