EasyHit - The fibre optic foresight

Bobba

I will declare an interest - Graham is a good shooting mate of mine, but I have bought four off him and I genuinely do rate them, or I wouldn't have bought more than one - mate or no mate.

I went to get the link this morning for someone off Pigeonwatch and noticed that the Ruby has now been reduced to just over half the cost of a Truglow. PM for details

Edited by Gordon R

I bought the Ruby version (in the short 'game' size), and on the 2nd day of use the red bit fell out and was lost on a grassy field margin somewhere.

If it had remained intact I'd probably have kept it on for longer, but to be honest I'm not sure that they're really very worthwhile. It certainly seemed like a good idea - the long, dark part of the tube means that you can only see the 'red light' if the gun is mounted properly, but in reality I could see red light even when the gun was WAAY off a good mount. And if I make an effort to correct it, by taking my eye off the bird and watching the bead until it becomes brightest, then I've lost the bird and lost the point of the gadget too.

So I've removed the remains and cleaned off the glue, and I'll stick to traditional methods (and a traditional-looking rib!).

• 2 years later...

I fitted one to my new Browning as my instructor thought my left eye was taking over just before firing. I to saw the advert in the BASC mag. Until then i was generally hitting 6 or 7 out of 10.

I went to my club and at first couldnt hit anything because i was shutting my left eye just before the shot. After forcing myself to keep both eyes open i scored my first 10 out of 10 followed by 2 nines. The 10 out of 10 was on a trap i had avoided in the past because i thought it too difficult. I am hoping it works just as well when i am out in the field shooting woodies.

• 3 weeks later...