Help needed on pigeon shooting

mahmood

hi everyone

i just started pigeon shooting with my brother, he shoots on a 150 acres of land which he paid 220 for the year i think. But the problem is i keep missing the pigeons i need all the advive i can get, like what choke to use what rounds to use any help would be great.

Lead is a difficult thing to advise on as people see lead differently. At 30 yards its about 6 ft for a pigeon doing 40mph (cartridge velocity only makes 2-6" difference so it wont matter which you use) The advise you had on cartriges and choke is about what I use.

Everyone sees lead differently, I may see it as 6 foot but this would be no help to you, who may see it as less or more.

The only advice anyone can give is focus on the target (not the gun), keep the gun moving (follow through) and practice lots.

Just remember that 90% of shots are missed behind.

On the subject of practice, if you are only just starting to shoot shotguns then practice on Clays it is not right to target practice on a live animal.  We all miss but you should be fairly confident about you ability to hit the bird before you pull the trigger.

Mark.