Baby stoat

henry d

Seems to be like any other kid eats and sleeps and eats and plays and eats.Why do little tykes steal your heart? `cos in the field it would get it :blink:

If you feed it and play with it it will think you are mum

so i'm sure it will end up tame

I hand reared some rabbits from pinkies!! left when the rspca took a load of rabbits from a breeder who had died

Kin hard work but 5 out of 8 survived They made the best pets EVER!!

Wierd they sorta thought they were human and kept trying to walk on two legs!!

WB

henry d. treat it as you would a ferret.fer and feather minced tis only a bab keep handling it well to stop it biting .as for working it ive herd they are to fast. i think it would make a nice little mate. as for being crossed with a ferret i think the gestation period differs with ferrets i have herd that people were passing of little Sandy's of as crosses :blink:

As others have said keep handeling it and it might come ok to work. I rescued a 3-4 week old ferral cat years ago and my m8s sister reared it it was ok but never what you would consider tame like a normal cat.

Dave

we rescued so me feral kittens some years ago got them home put them down on the back yard me jack Russell came out to See what was going on . these kittens were hissing and spitting then glued themselves to me Russell. i dumpt them down the cop shop tucking fhings :blink:

As it is weaned, it should survive OK, but make sure it stays warm.

I know a few people that have raised young stoats, but they all disappeared into the wild, when they became self sufficient.

This was despite being well handled, fed etc.

I doubt anyone has ever "worked" a stoat, or a weasel and I believe the cross breeding with ferrets stories are a myth.

A guy I bought a kestrel from many years ago had a stoat, it was a crazy little thing to watch.

The little buggar would fly round the house up the curtains over all the furniture then pop its head over from behind the chair. I have always wanted one but difficult to get at the right age.

His even crapped in a cat litter tray.

It was tame but with strangers it was very nervous but what a pet for the house, no mouse or big spider problems eh.

I do agree with Cranfield though, I dont think you could work one. It would be away as fast as a flash if you give it a sniff of freedom.

Keep us posted, very interesting story ready to unfold with the little stoat, what have you called it?

The PM

I thought i might put it in with my adult ferrets,but I`m sure that it would be killed as they can be rough with other adult ferrets.

It`s nice to hear that they can go back to the wild but I`ll have to devise a programme to ease it back,perhaps letting it bolt rabbits into the net and letting it kill there? Will have to have a good think :blink: