Jimny tyres

Rossi46

Hi chaps, I have just bought myself a suzuki jimny and would like to put some all terrain tyres on it. The stock tyres on it are 205/70/15, I wanted to put some general grabber at2's on it but a friend of mine who used to be a tyre fitter said that it would be a bad idea as the grabbers are 205/75/15 so would be the wrong size and might cause problems, any thoughts?

So now I have found some cooper discoverer atr tyres that are the same size as the jimny stock one's, has anyone on here used these or know much about them?

Cheers lee

By the way my jimny is a auto if that makes any difference.

Hi chaps, I have just bought myself a suzuki jimny and would like to put some all terrain tyres on it. The stock tyres on it are 205/70/15, I wanted to put some general grabber at2's on it but a friend of mine who used to be a tyre fitter said that it would be a bad idea as the grabbers are 205/75/15 so would be the wrong size and might cause problems, any thoughts?

So now I have found some cooper discoverer atr tyres that are the same size as the jimny stock one's, has anyone on here used these or know much about them?

Cheers lee

By the way my jimny is a auto if that makes any difference.

Erm i could poke no end of fun .... but ....

The side wall is not that much bigger than the standard size , the only problems i for see are :-

1, your gearing is slightly higher , so when your speedo reads 30 you might be doing 31 (this is very unlikely as most speedo's are calibrated on the low side)

2 , the tyres might catch your arches on fulllock or under full compression . ( neither of which are owt to worry about , as you don't turn as sharply to correct the rubbing , and if you ever manage to compress the springs so much as to hit the tyre on the wheel arch roof , you've driven it off road , something else which will never happen )

BTW suzi jimny .... **** :hmm:

all the best yis yp :rolleyes:

The Grabbers will fit fine mate :)

I have 215/75 15's on my standard jimny and have no problems with rubbing what so ever.

Only today, I pulled an L200 and a couple of other cars out of a car park at work because they couldn't clime up the snow covered incline :yp:

All the best

Chris