DUCK AND GEESE SHOOTING BANNED

buckfast d

Did i hear correct today (06/01/2010) that there has been a ban for one or two weeks in Northern Ireland for the shooting of Duck and geese due to the bad weather

:hmm::hmm::no:

I was told this too only today by a club member who thinks it'll be enforced soon in England as well, check BASC website to make sure though ???

Don't worry lads this ones Irish :hmm:

All wildfowl and that includes waders such a woodcock and snipe! And I think you'll find they don't put a time limit on it as it stays in force until recinded. 2 weeks is likely the end of the season anyway other than below MEAN high water.

So are you telling me that i can't shoot snipe or woodcock :hmm::no:

So are you telling me that i can't shoot snipe or woodcock :yp: :)

Why would you want to shoot woodcock in these conditions? The birds can't even feed as there hasn't been a thaw since the 19th December. It would be pretty pointless going out to shoot them when they can't feed as they will be weak and not able to fly correctly, not very sporting.

Why would you want to shoot woodcock in these conditions? The birds can't even feed as there hasn't been a thaw since the 19th December. It would be pretty pointless going out to shoot them when they can't feed as they will be weak and not able to fly correctly, not very sporting.

Well now we have had a bit of a thaw at least the woodcock can actually feed. I'll be out to shoot a few this weekend :):lol: :yp:

so your speaking for the whole of the country then, OF COURSE there has been a bit of a thaw you clown from the 19th, but just over the last few days around home here it has tightened up. to say i am not very sporting is making you out to be a total clown as you don't know me to make these judgements, but maybe some day you'll meet up with me and think how mush **** you where talking

:yp:

There has been very little thaw round my neck of the woods. A couple of days in the last few weeks it rained and then it froze again. A lot of the birds I have rise out shooting pheasants have only been able to fly 50 yards and then land again. Now tell me theres hardly much sport in that. Do you not think that the ban is justified buckfast d?

. Do you not think that the ban is justified buckfast d?

Yes i 100% think the ban is justified and to be honest i think it should be a total ban,, and i am glad that BASC are helping with the banning measures as i think it will look good for all shooting/hunting, especially at such hard times for our sport

Northern Ireland has been covered by BASC on all their updates. - Link here BASC Also if you check the NIEA site. - Link here NIEA they have the latest news. CNCC is the organisation that advises NIEA but it would seem that they are not up to speed, as it would also appear that no precedent had been set since your Northern Ireland Assembly was set up and the introduction of your wildlife order.

If you are a member of BASC contact the NI office and they can bring you up to speed with the procedure. If you are not, then contact the association you are a member of or the NIEA or the CNCC.

Hope this helps.

If you are a member of BASC contact the NI office and they can bring you up to speed with the procedure.

i think this is the best bet.

But to be honest i don't think i'll have the gun out until it thaws, i think it's only the done thing, would others not agree on this.

Maybe hit vermin for a few weeks

i think this is the best bet.

But to be honest i don't think i'll have the gun out until it thaws, i think it's only the done thing, would others not agree on this.

Maybe hit vermin for a few weeks

I think shooting pigeons would still be ok as their staple diet in NI is Haw, Ivy & Holly Berries so they should be still able to get to this food source. Give the Grey Crows & Magpies a hammering and you will be doing a lot of good.