.22lr grouping

wildfowler.250

Hi, I was just wondering if some of the "target shooters" on here would give me an idea of what groups I should be aiming for,(excuse the pun) with my .22 using subsonics at the following ranges: 25, 50, 75 abd 100 yards?

I do all my zeroing in the field off the bipod so some idea of what a GOOD group would be would be greatly appreciated so I can get practising :good:

ATB CZ452

Another 'not a target shooter' here, but my cz shoots like this with winchesters at 50 yards no problem.

I didn't measure the group as was happy enough with it, I was just zero'ing the scope after I moved it.

It would probably shoot better in the hands of a regular paper puncher, on the same day my son put 4 shots through a similar sized hole

group2.jpg

I would expect a target setup to one hole at 50 yards no?

Another 'not a target shooter' here, but my cz shoots like this with winchesters at 50 yards no problem.

I didn't measure the group as was happy enough with it, I was just zero'ing the scope after I moved it.

It would probably shoot better in the hands of a regular paper puncher, on the same day my son put 4 shots through a similar sized hole

group2.jpg

No,

The ammo isn't that accurate. It is consistent which is the name of the game. A quality target rifle using batch tested and selected ammo like Eley Tenex probably wouldn't get a much tighter group than you have there.

BUT you would probably get 10 shots through a hole that size, conditions allowing.

Maybe I am a great shot after all then :good:

We are always being told Eley subs are more accurate than Winchesters, but that grouping is fine for hunting so I have never bothered to try them.

I can't answer the 25/75/100 yard questions I can't remember shooting groups at those ranges, other than to check holdover/under - sorry.

Thanks for the replies! I think I'm getting about 1/2 an inch at 50 yards but by the looks of things I should be able to half that again :good: Out of interest, how highly do the people on here rate lapua subs and how expensive are they? The chap I bought the rifle off said they were good in the rifle aswell but the local guy I buy the bullets off only had winnies at the time!

group2.jpg

that's blinkin good! Tell me that was shot indoors? :hmm:

Maybe I am a great shot after all then :good:

We are always being told Eley subs are more accurate than Winchesters, but that grouping is fine for hunting so I have never bothered to try them.

I can't answer the 25/75/100 yard questions I can't remember shooting groups at those ranges, other than to check holdover/under - sorry.

Not really,

You haven't zoomed out on that picture and shown the other 7 shots sprayed all over the place have you?

I dont really consider a .22lr a 100yd wepaon, out to 75yds as long as the bullet hits the chest, then thwack you got a rabbit :yes:

I dont really expect single hole accuracy for a .22lr rimfire, as long as its inside an inch at 75yds its good :yes:

Steve

Me neither, I use my .22 out to about 60 or 70 metres.