Tikka T3 Stainless Rust Problems.

scamp

I bought a brand new T3 Stainless Light 2 months ago, have only had the gun out in the field about a dozen times, after each use it has been thoroughly cleaned and put back in gun cabinet, last week when i took it out of the gun cabinet i noticed two small rust marks on the top of the barrel, i took it to my dealer who inspected it with a magnifying glass and he said it looked like pitting. The rifle has been returned to GMK and i am awaiting their findings, has anyone else had this problem with their rifle. If the rifle is like this after 2 months what will it be like after a few years use, it doesn't inspire confidence in the product.

Edited by scamp

Was it new...and just how old was it??

GMK deny it, but it is well known there were issues with a batch of the T3Lite stainless a year or two back!

Can't remember the details or the dates, but if you trawl around the web I suspect you will find it. I have seen a list somewhere of serial numbers that were effected.

There are of course other potential problems that can cause this anyway! Damp and condensation, powder residue, etc!!

There is a list of serial numbers somewhere on the web as they did have a problem with a batch and one of them disintegrated the barrel with a shot ;)

Have a search and you will probably find it.I found it last year while i was looking around for what rifle to buy and if i remember correctly it was ony stainless models.

The barrels are stainless, but they still need oiling and looking after as they will rust if not. Also the barrel problem was back in 2007 and all the rifles have been recalled and replaced by the factory.

That sounds promising, but its news to me, only a few months back GMK were denying there was any problem at all, when did this happen??

Any stainless barrel will rust if it comes into contact with mild-steel.The mild-steel contaminates the stainless it can happen if your barrel gets scratched by a fence or railing/gate ect-you can easily buff the rust or marks on the barrel out with a product called scotch-brite.

I spoke to them and the factory and it is all sorted (the issue with the barrels) the problem is people still find the article on the internet and "off we go again"

Do you work for GMK??? The biggest liars and ********ters it has ever been my misfortune to deal with, I am convinced they are programmed during their induction to NEVER tell the truth!!

:sad1::sad1::good::yes:

Sorry chap but that is FAR too woolly for me and most I suspect!!

Yep, Off, we most certainly do go again, that is the sort of rubbish GMK have been dishing out since this all started.

I have it from a reliable source that he had in his hands one of the T3 in question, at a RFD, within the last few weeks, when he was looking to buy a new one, he found and checked the effected serial number list, it was right in the middle of it....SO......

FACTS AND DETAILS, not, "the factory said"!!

When did this recall happen, how many guns were recalled what did they do about them!!

That is what owners want to know...NOT ... the factory said is was alright!!

Tell that to a T3 owner with a rusty barrel!!

Thank you!