advice on scopes

Guest chris simpson

the best one you can afford

variable magnification or fixed is down to personal prefference.

simmons, leupold, nikko sterling, ags, any high priced air rifle type makes will suit it perfectly, if you can afford it a meopta is a very good budget scope, which could be moved onto a centerfire in the future, but look at (250-350) for one of them.

just spend as much as you can spare, you wont regret it

Some would say, "buy the best scope you can't afford!"

I would second the recommendation for the Meopta, as a mid range scope, you can still pick them for £225 or so. I put a 7x50 on my rimfire and it is the dogs wotsits, I particularly like the graduated 6 o'clock post which I would say a better system for holdover than mil dot - oops! controversial statement time :(

get a piece of software called point blank (comes up after a little google searching) and add the details of your particular hmr round and then fiddle with the target distance untill you feel you have the best spread of useable hold over. its difficult to explain, but basically each round flies differently and its only by running up a chart like this that you can accuratly decide where it should be zero'd