i am thinking of applying for my shotgun licence buttttttt

robkmx

i am thinking of applying for my shotgun licence but wen i was younger i got a caution for canabis, i also got a £80 fine once and i also got a caution for a fray. i have been arested for a few more things since then but not charged. is it worth me appliying for one? or would i just get told no chance? i am wanting a rimfire. i have been told to get my shotgun licence first then try to get rimfire licence because it is easier if you allready have shotgun licence is this true?:rolleyes:

Edited by robkmx

Sorry I meant Firearms licensing office sorry and its the your police force for me its north yorkshire for you i assume it will be south yorkshire. Just google south yorkshire firearms department and it will come up with their page and you can ring them. Hope it helps

George

Edited by groach1234

ill have a look now mate thanks...rob

Only trying to return a little bit of the help i got when going through all this last year the forum really is the ultimate shooting resource thpusands of people who do seem to know what they are on about but don't let it fool you I have managed pick up loads of forum jargan and the still manage to use it in the wrong context ahah after 500 odd posts you'd think i'd be getting the hang of it by now i hope it all goes well with your application if you go for it :rolleyes:

George

Here in NI, You have to have a clean bill of health, crime wise for 8 years after which you can successfully apply. Ive had my had my own problems, even the removal off a firearm and withdrawal off FAC. But successfully applied after this time and within 6 months off receiving i now have 2 firearms and applying for 2 rifles, so depending how long you've stayed out off trouble and the area regulation regarding time, you should have no problem being successful. BUT BE HONEST, DECLARE EVERYTHING ON YOUR APPLICATION, IE TRAFFIC VIOLATIONS....EVERYTHING.

Edited by mayfly36

I put in For my SGC 3yrs ago now. I too have a previous assault against me from way back in !997 of which i was fined £350. The same worry went through my mind but i declared every thing to my FAO. At my appointment date he arrived an duely took me through the Paper work and my previous conviction came up in the convo. He asked me about the incident so i duely told him i cut down version which seemed to correspond to what he had in his file about it. He then Gave me a polite but sturn bit of advice about what would happen if i was granted a SGC and i was done for assault again, Ie, bye bye guns. He then said that the police do take views on people growing up and maturing whilst moving on in life. And because i have found myself a full time job and been emplyed for a good length of time, got my own place and had a steady relationship with the same woman for 7yrs. He shouldn't see that there would be any negative responce for the granting of my SGC. But he did say though, that if i put in for SGC about 5 years earlier, i probably wont have not have had a interview never any thing else. But you mentioned drugs. Cant help you with that mate. But its not all doom an gloom. As most has said before, just be honest with them because they know already so its not worth lying. Any way hope it all goes well and look forward to your post saying that you have been granted your much wanted SGC. all best.

Gareth

i last got arested 2 month ago. but i simply got released with no charge as i was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. as for the canabis caution that was 6 years ago. and the £80 fine that was 4 years ago

I would put good money on you wont get it.

reason being not enough spent time.

but ask them.

South Yorkshire Police

Firearms Licensing Department

First Floor, Building One

Nunnery Square

Parkway

Sheffield

S2 5DH

Phone

Headquarters

0114 219 7125

0114 219 7128

0114 219 7129

0114 219 7130

0114 219 7131

Sheffield

0114 2964122 (Deepcar)

0114 2963512 (Moss Way)

Barnsley

01226 736067

Rotherham

0114 2964493 (including S9 postcode in Sheffield)

01709 832486 (Wath)

Doncaster West

01302 385067

Doncaster East

01302 385024